cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG32UQX is finally here.

skyhopper01
Level 9
I posted this on the facebook DIY group, and figured I would also put it here. Looks like Microcenter is the First Channel Partner to have this monitor in stock. Lets just say I got lucky, and nearly fell out of my chair when I saw the option to reserve for in store pick up on the micro center website. I am upgrading from a PG27UQ, its little brother, which I also have for sale now, and so far the only thing I can say is probably going to get me banned for use of foul language. I mean that in a 100 percent positive way. It has really been a jaw dropping experience. I immediately loaded up my favorite HDR scene, which happens to be the opening level in the NEW COD Modern Warefare. The Incredible depth of the dark shadowed areas rivals my LG OLED TV, and if you have played this mission, you must remember the part when the bombs drop on the compound. Lets just say I was not ready for that!! Truly eye searing HDR glory. Gaming immersion just jumped up to an entire different level. Now I have to go back and play literally every HDR game I own. Feel free to ask any questions you might have and I will do my best to answer. Keep in mind I don't have all the time in the world to game, so It will take some time before I can fully test this beast.
10 REPLIES 10

xeromist
I'm just jealous you live near a Microcenter. 🙂 They always seem to have the best prices and they actually seem to care about scalping.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
I'm just jealous you live near a Microcenter. 🙂 They always seem to have the best prices and they actually seem to care about scalping.

Agreed, Crazy enough this was not even my local microcenter that i live 20 minutes from. I had to drive about an hour to the next state over.

I wish I could find this anywhere. I'm in Nor Cal and there are no Microcenters here, and nothing online to buy it from.

I can't believe it's this hard to spend $3000.Â*

Reliantg wrote:
I wish I could find this anywhere. I'm in Nor Cal and there are no Microcenters here, and nothing online to buy it from.

I can't believe it's this hard to spend $3000.Â*

As far as I am aware, end of the month beginning of June we should have retailers like Amazon, Newegg, Best Buy , B&H etc. getting stock.

I-Siamak-I
Level 7
skyhopper01 wrote:
I posted this on the facebook DIY group, and figured I would also put it here. Looks like Microcenter is the First Channel Partner to have this monitor in stock. Lets just say I got lucky, and nearly fell out of my chair when I saw the option to reserve for in store pick up on the micro center website. I am upgrading from a PG27UQ, its little brother, which I also have for sale now, and so far the only thing I can say is probably going to get me banned for use of foul language. I mean that in a 100 percent positive way. It has really been a jaw dropping experience. I immediately loaded up my favorite HDR scene, which happens to be the opening level in the NEW COD Modern Warefare. The Incredible depth of the dark shadowed areas rivals my LG OLED TV, and if you have played this mission, you must remember the part when the bombs drop on the compound. Lets just say I was not ready for that!! Truly eye searing HDR glory. Gaming immersion just jumped up to an entire different level. Now I have to go back and play literally every HDR game I own. Feel free to ask any questions you might have and I will do my best to answer. Keep in mind I don't have all the time in the world to game, so It will take some time before I can fully test this beast.

Hey bud, can you please tell me about 2 things:

1. Fan Noise, both during Gaming and During regular use. Also does the fan stays on when monitor is in sleep? I know this was an issue with PG27UQ as I had one.

2. How is the Haloing when Local Dimming is On? How noticeable is it when doing everyday browsing and tasks?

I-Siamak-I wrote:
Hey bud, can you please tell me about 2 things:

1. Fan Noise, both during Gaming and During regular use. Also does the fan stays on when monitor is in sleep? I know this was an issue with PG27UQ as I had one.

2. How is the Haloing when Local Dimming is On? How noticeable is it when doing everyday browsing and tasks?

Sure, so the fan noise is absolutely non existent. The fan does not stay on when the monitor is in sleep mode. So I had the same, PG27uq previously and there is a setting in the OSD which is display port or HDMI deep sleep that will take care of that issue for you, just in case your interested.

The haloing is very noticeable on dark backgrounds like steam, etc. While gaming It is really impossible to notice unless you really go looking for it. I am currently playing resident evil 7 and just finished 8, and the super inky blacks this display can achieve really elevated my experience with these titles. With that said, there are moments that you can absolutely see a faint blooming effect in super black scenes with small bright highlights. It really is scene and game dependent. For example, I notice it much more in RE7 then 8. Overall, it does not change my mind about the display. The incredible HDR image quality far surpasses a few small blooming issues that may happen with super dark areas with small bright highlights that you have to go out of your way to look for.

BigJohnny
Level 13
And here I am stuck with a PG35VQ that the price just dropped $500 since its release. It had been $2499 forever.

BigJohnny wrote:
And here I am stuck with a PG35VQ that the price just dropped $500 since its release. It had been $2499 forever.

Still an absolute kick ass monitor. I have used a couple before in the past and the only thing that stopped me from buying one was the slow pixel transitions when compared to the PG27uq.