cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT-AX89X will not work with Dell PowerEdge Servers

Lningz
Level 7
Hey Everyone, a bit of background first. I currently host 6 different Steam game servers, 3 different games on my current setup. My current router is a 10 year old E4200 V1, server is a Dell PowerEdge R810. I also have an older server I upgraded from which is a T410 thats been sitting. Both are running Windows Server 2012 R2, and have had no issues being seen publicly with my Linksys. Recently I have purchased an Asus RT-AX89X because of the killer specs, the DDOS protection, DDNS, etc. Since I installed and configured this router my game servers cannot be seen publicly to anyone with my Dell servers. I copied and pasted one of my server game files to my gamer PC and edited the port forwarding settings in the Asus to the gamer's internal IP and it's visible. I then disabled port forwarding and the server was not visible on the gamer. That tell me I have port forwarding enabled correctly in the router. I have been researching this an have heard NAT acceleration can cause issues, which I disabled and still no luck. I then decided to try my old T410 server, exported my firewall settings, updated the internal IP in port forwarding and it too cannot be seen. I have also upgraded to server 2016, and even tried Windows 10 Pro both 20H1 and 21H1 on the T410 and cannot be seen publicly. If I revert to my E4200, both server can be seen publicly. This tells me it's a problem with the router, and won't work with my Dell servers. I'm out of ideas and hoping someone has had similar issues.
0 REPLIES 0