cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix GL504GS USB HUB keeps disconnecting keyboard/mouse

Haggisdog
Level 9
I have a ROG Strix GL504GS that I have connected to a Samsung 4k 32" monitor and supported by a cooling platform. The laptop is plugged in and temps are all normal. For some of my peripherals like my Razor Chroma Mouse and Keyboard I am using a powered 10port Anker USB hub. It also supports my Logitech USB camera and headset.

Long story short, the keyboard and mouse constantly disconnect although the timing on this can vary widely. I can go several hours without an issue to having them disconnect every few minutes. When I plug the keyboard and mouse directly to the USB connections on the laptop they are stable.

This is the second USB powered HUB I have tried (I originally thought that the issue was related to the manufacturer) however I am experiencing the same issue.

I have updated every driver, disabled power management on all the HUB devices and ensured Windows is up to date.

I recently replaced the GPU fans as one of the ball bearings was noisy but other than that the machine is performing extremely well.

When the external keyboard and mouse disconnect the onboard keyboard and mouse continue to work.

I can live with connecting the keyboard and mouse directly to the laptop but I don't have enough USB connections for my other peripherals so I need some kind of HUB.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas on how to resolve this issue?
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
I'm guessing you've tried connecting the hub to the other ports on the laptop? If you haven't I would definitely try that.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
I'm guessing you've tried connecting the hub to the other ports on the laptop? If you haven't I would definitely try that.

Thanks for the suggestion and I did indeed try that but it was the same behavior on each port. I'm under the impression that devices with alot of traffic like a keyboard or mouse might have some lag that exceed some buffer and leads to a disconnect. There are three USB ports on this laptop so I have my mouse and keyboard attached directly and a Hub that supports my Webcam, Headphones and a WiFi range extender. So far everything has been stable and there have been no disconnects so I guess I can mark this issue as resolved.