cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armoury Crate only working with administrator accounts

jaydude
Level 8
Why does Armoury Crate require admin user to be logged in?

For security purposes I always use a regular Windows user account as my daily driver. When I try to use Armoury Crate with that user and access my ROG Falchion keyboard's settings, it doesn't open. If I login with my admin account and open Armoury Crate everything works fine.

ASUS needs to correct this security flaw that you are only able to use Armoury Crate if you have admin account logged in.
16 REPLIES 16

jaydude
Level 8
Do ASUS employees even read this forum? I still have a couple of days left to return my keyboard and I think I will since there is zero support from ASUS.

I have same issue, and seem reading this forum is way too much to request as their help desk is not too helpful with this. They stop answering to support ticket after this helpful comment. And yes, I still don't have a nice day with my Armoury Crate.

If it doesn't open with standard, then it sounds like some permission issue or another program is blocking it. Try to use clean boot to see if some software is blocking the settings.

Have a nice day!

Harry Salenius wrote:
I have same issue, and seem reading this forum is way too much to request as their help desk is not too helpful with this. They stop answering to support ticket after this helpful comment. And yes, I still don't have a nice day with my Armoury Crate.

If it doesn't open with standard, then it sounds like some permission issue or another program is blocking it. Try to use clean boot to see if some software is blocking the settings.

Have a nice day!

I have a test laptop and I installed a fresh Windows 10 Home x64 with latest H121 update included. I created 2 users, Admin user and a Regular user. Armoury Crate was the ONLY app that I installed and it had the same problem. Admin user works and Regular user does not work.

Harry Salenius wrote:

Have a nice day!

Hi, I have exactly the same issue with standard user, no way to use the armoury crate software with such user. Only user with admin right are able to use this program. Have you a special setting to solve this big issue. Thanks.

jaydude
Level 8
Fix this issue already Asus. It's embarrassing and absolutely ridiculous that you are giving your customers this kind of software.

jaydude
Level 8
Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 4.2.5.0
ROG Live Service 1.2.18.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.18
Armoury Crate lite service 4.2.8
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.11
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.48
AacVGA 0.0.4.3
KingstonDram 1.1.8
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.14
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.37.0
ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.9.1
PHISON HAL 1.0.9.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.2
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.6.4
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.2
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.13.0

Just updated to latest version. As I expected, nothing has been done to correct this issue. Still cannot access my ROG Falchion's settings. Loading loading loading... :mad:

same here only loading unlimitied time

Nate152
Hi jaydude,

I ran into someone the other day here with the framework service not responding. Unfortunately, since I haven't experienced this I don't know of a quick fix but the solution for him was to reinstall windows.

He did the free upgrade to windows 11. This will fix you, a couple hours and you'll be done.