Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40
  1. #1
    Administrator Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    AGESA 1.2.0.3 Patch A for 500 Series ROG ASUS Motherboards

    The next round of BIOSes for ASUS ROG 500-series motherboards based on **AGESA 1.2.0.3 Patch A** are on the way. Be sure to check the support portal over the next few days https://www.asus.com/support/

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Support List.PNG 
Views:	0 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	88834

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Reputation
    23
    Posts
    85

    Here wo go
    ROG CROSSHAIR VIII Series 3601 Beta Bios

    1. Improve system performance
    2. AGESA 1.2.0.3 Patch A


    ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO 3601 BETA BIOS
    ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO WI-FI 3601 BETA BIOS
    ROG CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA 3601 BETA BIOS
    ROG CROSSHAIR VIII DARK HERO 3601 BETA BIOS
    Last edited by einsindrei; 06-13-2021 at 10:18 AM.

  3. #3
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    24

    Cant get back to 3733mhz on my ram or 1866 fclk with this update, B550-E, 5800x, I have no idea why, it won't even boot, so rolling back to the last one. just a heads up people.

  4. #4
    ROG Enthusiast Array Dude1070 PC Specs
    Dude1070 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Grosshair VII Hero/ASUS ROG Strix B550-E Gaming
    ProcessorR9 3900X/R7 5800X
    Memory (part number)16 GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z 3600 F4-3600C15/F4-3600C16D-32GTZRD-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1MSI GAMING X GTX 1080 Ti/GIGABYTE Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB GDDR6X PCI Express 4.0 x16 ATX Vide
    Sound CardOnboard
    MonitorASUS 32inLG 32GK650F-B 32" QHD Gaming Monitor 144HzASUS V32AQ (2560X1440)
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 970 EVO+ 500GB/
    Storage #2SSPC 1 TB SAMSUNG SSD EVO 850 500GB/SAMSUNG 980 Pro 1TB Samsung
    CPU CoolerArctic Liquid Freezer II 240/ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280
    CaseThermaltake C36/Thermaltake Commander C33
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 850GS/EVGA SuperNOVA 850 Ga, 80 Plus Gold 850W
    Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
    Headset ASUS Cerberus V2 Gaming Headset
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z506 Surround Sound Home Theater Speakers
    OS W10 Pro X64
    Dude1070's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Reputation
    52
    Posts
    60

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZenTimings_Screenshot5 28.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	88855Its working good for me

  5. #5
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Dicehunter PC Specs
    Dicehunter PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII X570
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5800X PBO
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB - 32GB - 3600MHz *4x8GB*
    Graphics Card #1MSI RTX 2080 Ti Lightning Z 11GB @ 2000/7500
    Graphics Card #3Corsair Commander Pro
    Graphics Card #4Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub x 2
    MonitorLG 34GN850-B Nano IPS Ultrawide 3440x1440 160Hz
    Storage #1WD Black SN750 1TB + WD Heatsink
    Storage #2Western Digital Caviar Black 6TB + 6TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i + 2 x Corsair HDRGB 140mm Fans
    CaseCorsair 680 X - Black + 6 x Corsair HDRGB 120/140mm Fans
    Power SupplyCorsair RMi 1000w + Black Cablemod Kit
    Keyboard Razer Huntsman Mini
    Mouse Razer Deathadder V2
    Headset Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250Ohm + Fiio K5 Pro
    Mouse Pad Razer Gigantus V2 XXL
    OS Windows 10 - Professional 64 Bit Edition
    Accessory #3 Asus ROG Spotlight
    Dicehunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Reputation
    20
    Posts
    385

    1. Improve system performance
    2. AGESA 1.2.0.3 Patch A
    How does it improve system performance ? What exactly does it change ?

    I've heard answers from politicians that are more informative than motherboards companies when it comes to BIOS releases.





  6. #6
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by MKEEN View Post
    Cant get back to 3733mhz on my ram or 1866 fclk with this update, B550-E, 5800x, I have no idea why, it won't even boot, so rolling back to the last one. just a heads up people.
    I had the same issue until I realized the profile corrupted or changed so it appears they are not compatible. I manually reset things and got back to 3733mhz with 1866 fclk. Still cant hit 1900fclk

    I will be doing some testing later but seems ok so far with a few quick tests.

    **Quick update: Had several game crashes in a row then finally resulting in BSOD. It could be firmware related or maybe I didn't get all my ram settings the way they were set before since the Profiles were not compatible. I went back to 3501 for now for stability. I will wait for an official version or a new beta.
    Last edited by sonixmon; 06-05-2021 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Update

  7. #7
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude1070 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZenTimings_Screenshot5 28.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	88855Its working good for me
    Are these the same settings prior to the FW?

    Also are your set levels (v) close to what its reading?

  8. #8
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Interesting development today. I had some time to kill so I decided to document my entire bios. Flashed 3601 again and reconfigured everything manually. I booted system, ran a few stability tests and gamed for an hour or so. No issues this time so I think I must have not entered in my timings properly last time. I will run this for a while and see if I notice any differences.

    I played around with voltages and tried FCLK 1900 and no joy. Interesting thing is I said let me try the next step up @1933 and the system posted and actually booted into windows but got wonky from there. I went back to bios and it was super sluggish so I had to CMOS reset again. I tried to tweak voltages and even go back to auto but nothing made a difference. Not sure why it would go 1933 and was the ram unstable at that speed? When I have some more time I might try 1933 with ram clock lower just for verification purposes.

  9. #9
    ROG Enthusiast Array Banditt1976 PC Specs
    Banditt1976 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4700 MHz
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL TridentZ RGB F4-4000C17-8GTZR 32 GB @ 4000 MT/s CL16
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070 Gaming OC @ 2070 MHz Boost Clock
    MonitorLG UltraGear 27GL850-B 27" QHD 144 Hz
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB PCIe 4.0
    Storage #2Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB PCIe 3.0
    CPU CoolerThermalTake Floe DX RGB 360 mm AIO Liquid Cooling
    CaseCorsair 5000X RGB ATX Mid-tower
    Power SupplyASUS ROG STRIX 850W Fully Modular
    Keyboard SteelSeries APEX 5 RGB
    Mouse Logitech M500 Laser Mouse
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries QCK PRISM RGB Gaming
    Headset/Speakers Bose Companion 5
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterNetgear Nighthawk X4S R7800
    Banditt1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    34

    Quote Originally Posted by sonixmon View Post
    Interesting development today. I had some time to kill so I decided to document my entire bios. Flashed 3601 again and reconfigured everything manually. I booted system, ran a few stability tests and gamed for an hour or so. No issues this time so I think I must have not entered in my timings properly last time. I will run this for a while and see if I notice any differences.

    I played around with voltages and tried FCLK 1900 and no joy. Interesting thing is I said let me try the next step up @1933 and the system posted and actually booted into windows but got wonky from there. I went back to bios and it was super sluggish so I had to CMOS reset again. I tried to tweak voltages and even go back to auto but nothing made a difference. Not sure why it would go 1933 and was the ram unstable at that speed? When I have some more time I might try 1933 with ram clock lower just for verification purposes.
    The FCLK should be 1/2 of what your RAM frequency is set at. If it won't boot with it set like that in the BIOS, then your timings and/or voltages need to be adjusted.

  10. #10
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Banditt1976 View Post
    The FCLK should be 1/2 of what your RAM frequency is set at. If it won't boot with it set like that in the BIOS, then your timings and/or voltages need to be adjusted.
    Yes I have been running at 3733 Ram and FCLK 1866.5 which is 1:1 , if I try to go to 3800 and 1900 no joy. For testing purposes only I also left FCLK at 1866.5 and pushed Ram to 3866 breaking the 1:1 but seeing if memory was causing the issues. I ran a few short tests and had no issues. I really think it is just an issue with the memory controller. No voltage changes seem to help so it might just be my limit with this chip. It is disappointing because the Ram OCs very well 3600 up to 3866, 4000 was a no go at stock timings and I am more interested in latency at this point).

    Thanks for the reply.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •