cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AGESA 1.2.0.3 Patch A for 500 Series ROG ASUS Motherboards

ROG_News
Level 7
The next round of BIOSes for ASUS ROG 500-series motherboards based on **AGESA 1.2.0.3 Patch A** are on the way. Be sure to check the support portal over the next few days https://www.asus.com/support/

48 REPLIES 48

einsindrei
Level 10

MKEEN
Level 9
Cant get back to 3733mhz on my ram or 1866 fclk with this update, B550-E, 5800x, I have no idea why, it won't even boot, so rolling back to the last one. just a heads up people.

MKEEN wrote:
Cant get back to 3733mhz on my ram or 1866 fclk with this update, B550-E, 5800x, I have no idea why, it won't even boot, so rolling back to the last one. just a heads up people.

I had the same issue until I realized the profile corrupted or changed so it appears they are not compatible. I manually reset things and got back to 3733mhz with 1866 fclk. Still cant hit 1900fclk 😞

I will be doing some testing later but seems ok so far with a few quick tests.

**Quick update: Had several game crashes in a row then finally resulting in BSOD. It could be firmware related or maybe I didn't get all my ram settings the way they were set before since the Profiles were not compatible. I went back to 3501 for now for stability. I will wait for an official version or a new beta.

Dude1070
Level 8
88855Its working good for me

Dude1070 wrote:
88855Its working good for me

Are these the same settings prior to the FW?

Also are your set levels (v) close to what its reading?

sonixmon wrote:
Are these the same settings prior to the FW?

Also are your set levels (v) close to what its reading?

Yes, same settings and right at what I set in bios

Dicehunter
Level 10
1. Improve system performance
2. AGESA 1.2.0.3 Patch A

How does it improve system performance ? What exactly does it change ?

I've heard answers from politicians that are more informative than motherboards companies when it comes to BIOS releases.

sonixmon
Level 7
Interesting development today. I had some time to kill so I decided to document my entire bios. Flashed 3601 again and reconfigured everything manually. I booted system, ran a few stability tests and gamed for an hour or so. No issues this time so I think I must have not entered in my timings properly last time. I will run this for a while and see if I notice any differences.

I played around with voltages and tried FCLK 1900 and no joy. Interesting thing is I said let me try the next step up @1933 and the system posted and actually booted into windows but got wonky from there. I went back to bios and it was super sluggish so I had to CMOS reset again. I tried to tweak voltages and even go back to auto but nothing made a difference. Not sure why it would go 1933 and was the ram unstable at that speed? When I have some more time I might try 1933 with ram clock lower just for verification purposes.

sonixmon wrote:
Interesting development today. I had some time to kill so I decided to document my entire bios. Flashed 3601 again and reconfigured everything manually. I booted system, ran a few stability tests and gamed for an hour or so. No issues this time so I think I must have not entered in my timings properly last time. I will run this for a while and see if I notice any differences.

I played around with voltages and tried FCLK 1900 and no joy. Interesting thing is I said let me try the next step up @1933 and the system posted and actually booted into windows but got wonky from there. I went back to bios and it was super sluggish so I had to CMOS reset again. I tried to tweak voltages and even go back to auto but nothing made a difference. Not sure why it would go 1933 and was the ram unstable at that speed? When I have some more time I might try 1933 with ram clock lower just for verification purposes.

The FCLK should be 1/2 of what your RAM frequency is set at. If it won't boot with it set like that in the BIOS, then your timings and/or voltages need to be adjusted.