Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by polyh3dron View Post
    On my Dark Hero I can't run my 3090 GPU and dual 2TB M.2 SSDs in PCIe Gen 4 mode without causing massive USB instability and DPC latency spikes. I thought something else was causing these issues and reformatted my system drive to try fixing. Turned out I just had to force my 3090 to Gen 3 mode in BIOS, even though the recent round of AGESA updates were supposed to address this exact problem.

It seems like PCIe Gen 4 just wasn't ready for prime time with X570, honestly.

I can also see why people go with Intel instead of AMD for their motherboard/CPU still as well. I've had so many crippling issues with my Ryzen 3000 and 5000 machines that have been so hard to troubleshoot with people blaming every single other thing in my setup that was not truly at fault. Just know that I am not blaming Asus for my issues at all because they really are not at fault here IMO.

Did AMD really just support PCIe Gen 4 in X570 without actually expecting people to try taking full advantage of it with GPUs and M.2 SSDs? Kind of strikes me as a situation similar to that of the new AV receivers that supposedly support HDMI 2.1 but when you hook up any HDMI 2.1 devices, none of their features specific to HDMI 2.1 actually work due to a subpar chipset.
    Unfortunately, I don't have a PCIe 4.0 graphics card, but I am running 2x PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSDs (Samsung 980 Pros to be more specific) and 2x 2080Tis in SLI with a super stable system. You might be running into some quirks. What I am interested in is if you're able to configure BAR settings in BIOS? I know that those only become available on the 3000 series cards.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by karmal View Post
    my pc with 128gb ram to 3600 on crossfire hero viii wifi and cpu ryzen 3950x does not turn on with these bios
    What if you run less RAM? 128GB is quite the strain, especially if you're running it at higher clock speeds. Also, the memory controller on the 5950X will probably be able to handle that much memory better.

New ROGer Array

FWIW I'll chime in here as well. I'm by no means an expert tweaker of memory, just a basic b1tch (I let the BIOS do most stuff on its own). I just upped to 3601 release this morning and could only run stable DOCP settings when keeping Memory Frequency at 3600MHz with FLCK Frequency at 1800Mhz. If I bump the Memory Frequency to 3666MHz like I had been running since I built this rig in 2019 - instant no-go, back to start, try again buddy.

For reference:
    ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi
    3900X
    G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 32GB (4 x 8GB) (F4-3600C16Q-32GTZN)

ROG Member Array

On my Dark Hero I can't run my 3090 GPU and dual 2TB M.2 SSDs in PCIe Gen 4 mode without causing massive USB instability and DPC latency spikes. I thought something else was causing these issues and reformatted my system drive to try fixing. Turned out I just had to force my 3090 to Gen 3 mode in BIOS, even though the recent round of AGESA updates were supposed to address this exact problem.

I can also see why people go with Intel instead of AMD for their motherboard/CPU still as well. I've had so many crippling issues with my Ryzen 3000 and 5000 machines that have been so hard to troubleshoot with people blaming every single other thing in my setup that was not truly at fault. Just know that I am not blaming Asus for my issues at all because they really are not at fault here IMO.

Did AMD really just support PCIe Gen 4 in X570 without actually expecting people to try taking full advantage of it with GPUs and M.2 SSDs? Kind of strikes me as a situation similar to that of the new AV receivers that supposedly support HDMI 2.1 but when you hook up any HDMI 2.1 devices, none of their features specific to HDMI 2.1 actually work due to a subpar chipset.
    That's odd. I have a somewhat similar setup. In particular, I have a 5950X CPU; a CH8 Dark Hero motherboard (BIOS version 3601); ASUS TUF 3090 OC Edition (Resizable BAR enabled); 128 GB of RAM (running at 3200MHz, on D.O.C.P settings) and dual M.2 SSDs (both are Samsung 980 PRO 1TB drives). The system is otherwise not overclocked in any way, and everything's at stock settings.

I see no USB stability issues with this setup using PCIe 4.0, on the latest BIOS versions. I did experience some issues with USB reliability with pre-3401 (AGESA 1.2.0.1 Patch A) BIOS versions. BIOS version 3401 improved things greatly, albeit some USB-related issues would still pop up here and there. With version 3601, everything has been solid.
    Last edited by PavelPr; 07-16-2021 at 08:12 PM.

New ROGer Array

Thumbs up Cold Boot Issues

Well since installing 3601, I'm having cold boot issues if I enable DOCP 3600mhz (2x16GB GSkill Samsung B-Die).
    Always have to boot my PC twice, second attempt works no problem. It only boots fine the first time at 2133mhz. Oddly enough, with the BETA BIOS I didn't have this problem :/

Any ideas how to fix it? I dont have the second, smaller power pin connected as someone suggested, but someone else here wrote it didn't fix the problem for them anyway, besides with all the earlier BIOSes there was no issue.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array RedSector73 PC Specs
    RedSector73 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)FA506IU-AL130T x 2
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    Memory (part number)4 x G.SKILL F4-3800C14D-16GTZN 14-16-16-36 Samsung B-Die
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WaterForce (GV-N208TAORUSX W-11GC)
    Sound CardArctis DAC
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB
    Storage #22 x Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster Liquid Pro Master 360
    CaseEVGA DG-87 Gunmetal Grey Gaming Case
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold Power
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse
    Headset ARCTIS Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Cooler Master MP750 RGB Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad Extra Large
    OS Windows 11 64bit Pro
    Network RouterPfSence Intel i5-10210U 6 Port
    Accessory #1 TP-Link Gigabit 8&6 Port Switches

Quote Originally Posted by draganm.zh View Post
    Well since installing 3601, I'm having cold boot issues if I enable DOCP 3600mhz (2x16GB GSkill Samsung B-Die).
    Always have to boot my PC twice, second attempt works no problem. It only boots fine the first time at 2133mhz. Oddly enough, with the BETA BIOS I didn't have this problem :/

Any ideas how to fix it? I dont have the second, smaller power pin connected as someone suggested, but someone else here wrote it didn't fix the problem for them anyway, besides with all the earlier BIOSes there was no issue.
    Have a look at SOC voltage and try manual setting 1.05v should work nicely.
    I've had a cold boot issue with current BIOS as well but not earlier BIOS. Setting the SOC voltage manually solved for me but I use a higher SOC voltage than recommended for you.
    Last edited by RedSector73; 07-20-2021 at 11:58 AM.

New ROGer Array

BRO

You're a legend. The switching to Gen3 for my 3080 allowed me to finally use the 3601 bios. Wow. Before doing that it was literally unusable for me.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5