cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite 3 (3.00.79) - ERROR "The server threw an exception"

ipalchuk
Level 7
All latest and updated.
After some time of work (2-3 hours) - this error appears.
No programs were launched or closed.
Remove from tasks and start again - does not help. Only reboot helps.
All this on the new system. I was worn out for 2 days with the program "Armoury Crate".
(wrote about my suffering in the appropriate forum: Armoury Crate 4.0.8.0 BUG Tracer)
This program works, but occasionally crashes.
I don't understand THIS company has its own QA department or ordinary users have to do this work for free and suffer from bugs ???
Does anyone (from the tech department of this company) read these forums ? if reads - does something ?

An interesting situation comes out, people buy your product very expensively, but from the technical point of view, they only have problems. It's a shame. You are repeating "Sony" story. The days of "Trinitron" are over. Now the important thing is adequate software.
24 REPLIES 24

Nemo1024
Level 7
I have the same problem on my newly-built machine with ROG STRIX Z579-A Gaming Wi-Fi motherboard. The problem occurred both with AiSuite 3 that followed on the supplied DVD, and with the updates to v.3.00.76 and v.3.00.79. I used AI3Cleaner and rebooted between the installs.

The bug manifests itself a few hours after a reboot. From my observations it seems that system load and how often the system needs to change the speed of the fans plays a role in how soon the problem occurs.
Once the exception windows start rolling, the only way to stop them is to kill AiSuite3 from the Details view in Windows Task Manger.
An attempt to start AiSuite3 after kill will result in 2 Exception windows popping up and the program terminating.

A some occasions I got a different exception, saying that FanExpert4 module cannot start more threads.

This, combined with a delayed nature of the failure leads me to believe that there is a resource leak in the FanExpert4 module, whereupon new threads are started during fan speed changes, but are never properly disposed.

In the end I was forced to completely uninstall AiSuite3. Before doing that, I noted the fan speeds that worked the best with my system and plotted them in the QFan modile in system BIOS.

ME too in B460 F and error disappear, when kill 'ASUS Motherboard Fan Control Service (32 bit)' process in Task Manager

An interesting observation regarding Services. As I wrote above, I uninstalled AiSuite and ran AiCleaner with a subsequent reboot, yet when took a look at the list of the services tab in the Task Manager, I see 4 Asus services, some of them still running:
AsusFanControlService is among them.
An idea: when you next get that cascade of exceptions, maybe it would suffice to right-click on that service and Restart it, instead of killing it outright?

I have been having the same error with my new builds, Z590(10900K) maximus extreme xiii and a X570(5950x) Dark Hero viii.

I have downloaded the new updates and still crashes randomly.

It seems like this is standard fare for this software for over 4 years.

Is there a viable replacement for this????

Nemo1024 wrote:
An interesting observation regarding Services. As I wrote above, I uninstalled AiSuite and ran AiCleaner with a subsequent reboot, yet when took a look at the list of the services tab in the Task Manager, I see 4 Asus services, some of them still running:
AsusFanControlService is among them.
An idea: when you next get that cascade of exceptions, maybe it would suffice to right-click on that service and Restart it, instead of killing it outright?

Service also restarts, after the killing.

The same for me.

i thought it was because I changed my CPU but I did a clean install and it still happens.

joethedemon wrote:
The same for me.

i thought it was because I changed my CPU but I did a clean install and it still happens.

"AsusFanControlService" version?

Nemo1024
Level 7
I have two versions under C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AsusFanControlService
2.00.97 and 2.01.05
The latter one is being launched at start-up despite complete uninstall of AiSuite3

Nemo1024 wrote:
I have two versions under C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AsusFanControlService
2.00.97 and 2.01.05
The latter one is being launched at start-up despite complete uninstall of AiSuite3

Update to a new version 2.01.07. It maybe solves the server threw an exception" error.