cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G713QR BIOS 319 - GPU clocks work after Sleep

Triton_se
Level 8
Just got BIOS 319 from MyAsus, installed it hit Fn+F11 on my keyboard to enter Sleep mode: When back to desktop after 30 seconds sleep I still had the correct GPU clocks ! Progress 🙂

I did an uninstall and reinstall of Armoury Crate 2 days ago after the Windows 21H1 update - Reason: laptop would take 1-2 minutes to shut down with black screen and GameVisual/mode pop ups didn't come up as they normally would - that time I had the latest downloaded ACConfig installed.
After the un/reinstall, shut down was normal. So I haven't manually installed any ACConfig yet, neither has there come any from Armoury Crate.

Still no SPD info

Asus ROG Strix G17 G713QR - 5900HX, 3070
3 REPLIES 3

DonDragonka
Level 7
Triton.se wrote:
Just got BIOS 319 from MyAsus, installed it hit Fn+F11 on my keyboard to enter Sleep mode: When back to desktop after 30 seconds sleep I still had the correct GPU clocks ! Progress 🙂

I did an uninstall and reinstall of Armoury Crate 2 days ago after the Windows 21H1 update - Reason: laptop would take 1-2 minutes to shut down with black screen and GameVisual/mode pop ups didn't come up as they normally would - that time I had the latest downloaded ACConfig installed.
After the un/reinstall, shut down was normal. So I haven't manually installed any ACConfig yet, neither has there come any from Armoury Crate.

Still no SPD info

Asus ROG Strix G17 G713QR - 5900HX, 3070

Good news! Thanks! Regardless, just to be sure, I leave the "fast startup" option disabled at the Power Options, which has worked so far as a solution to this GPU clock problem.

DonDragonka wrote:
Good news! Thanks! Regardless, just to be sure, I leave the "fast startup" option disabled at the Power Options, which has worked so far as a solution to this GPU clock problem.

go ahead and able the fast startup (if you havent installed ACConfig), disabling was a fix that I didn't use my self, was easier to do mode switchings yourself.

Right now I'll just wait and see a report that new ACConfig works for all laptops, wont install any myself 😄

Yes! Everything is working fine now. 😄

But screen off is a no go. I am using this laptop for rendering and when I leave it to render screen turns off and then GPU enters low power mode again, but wakes up again when I move the mouse. So no screen off time when idling.

ASUS G17 5800H, 3080 16 GB