cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Unistall GPU Tweak II

Super_Gnome
Level 11
After having some related problem, I tried to uninstall GPU Tweak II from the Windows uninstall menu.

This is what happened:

First the Install Shield opened.

Then a little window popped saying: "Do you want to completely remove the selected application and all of its features?" Then, below a clickable box: Ok or Cancel. I then hit OK.

The process then began with a box reading: ASUS GPU Tweak II is configuring your new software installation. Then another window popped up: "ASUS GPU TweakII Error. "X Error 1316.The specificed account already exists." Then at the bottom of this pop up is a little OK button. When you hit okay a bar moves across a box and it reads: "Computing space requirements." Then another box pops up reading: Feature transfer error Error: -1603 Fatal error during installation. Consult Windows Installer Help (MSI.chm) or MSDN for more information. Then another clickable button: OK.
:
Then another box pops up reading "InstallShield Wizard completed. The wizard was interrupted before ASUS GPU TweakII could be completely installed.

The system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, run the installation again. Click Finish to exit the wizard."

Now I cannot get Tweak II to start or load. It is no longer in the WIndows list of Apps, except for on the uninstall page. But I need this software and need it right away. So do I have to reinstall Windows?

Help.
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
The simplest thing would be to find the directory under Program Files, rename it, and reinstall the software. If that doesn't work you might have to search the registry for GPU Tweak related keys and delete them.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

katlani
Level 9
can you please also share the windows and software version? maybe its an issue with 21H1?
Also, can you please try to use the Removal Tool, where in the other post yours - I have recommended the same thing:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?124323-GPU-Tweak-II-Version-2-3-3-0

praqoon
Level 7
Super Gnome wrote:
After having some related problem, I tried to uninstall GPU Tweak II from the Windows uninstall menu.

Now I cannot get Tweak II to start or load. It is no longer in the WIndows list of Apps, except for on the uninstall page. But I need this software and need it right away. So do I have to reinstall Windows?

Help.

I had exactly the same issue as you did when I upgraded from Asus GPU Tweak II v2.2.3.0 to v2.3.4.0 and it was troublesome for me too. Initially I just installed the update over the top of the existing software but, when I subsequently launched it, the version was still v2.2.3.0 ... AND all my settings and profiles were gone!!! ( Thanks again Asus! :mad: ) So I tried to uninstall everything and got the error which you did. After that there was no way Windows Control Panel "Programs and Features" was ever going to get rid of this software easily. I downloaded Revo Uninstaller and used that to clear out all related files and registry entries. Then I rebooted the system and installed v2.3.4.0 again. After setting up my custom profiles once more it seems to be working as expected. Although, I really would prefer not to have all this trouble with Asus GPU Tweak II software.

When GPU Tweak II is working properly it's great but upgrading or changing anything once it is working is an invitation for issues to arise and spoil my day. This is mainly why I do not install/upgrade with every release because I have had some major problems in the past. Once GPU Tweak II is installed, tested and verified, I leave it alone for as long as possible. There is the odd occasion when it loads the default gaming profile instead of my custom ones but that's usually instantly noticable by the loud noise of the fans from my nVidia GTX1070. Always best to keep an eye on it though.