cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Maximus XIII Hero cant boot windows 10 after installation system!!!

rosecki
Level 8
I own an Asus Rog Maximus XIII Hero motherboard and Intel i9 -11900K

I have made raid 0 from 2 x Samsung 500GB M.2 PCIe NVMe 970 EVO Plus

ssd are in the slot m2_3 and m2-4 on the motherboard

i have also raid 0 with 2 x ssd corsair gt force 120 but in sata slots

and also two addttional ssd nvme gen3 in slot m2_1 and m2_2 slots, but not in raid (there is no possibility to make raid in ssd in this slots)

after installation system (from usb drive) on raid 0 samsung discs and reboot , windows 10 cant boot from raid 0 ,
when i go to the bios , there is no listed raid 0 as the bootable disc, i only see usb drive installator,
i have tried to install system on raid 0 with ssd sata discs , but there is the same problem have occured.
where is the problem?
what should i do ?
i have the latest bios firmare,
during installation i have loaded the latest intel drivers for raid,
i cant imagine that there could not be any technical posibility to install windows 10 on ssd nvme raid 0 on such top model motherboard

pls help me if sb can

small update: i have just tried to install win10 on the single ssd m2 (gen3) located in the slot m2_1 on the motherboard, after boot is the same problem, win 10 cant start to finish installation....
1 REPLY 1

Saltgrass
Level 13
I am glad you decided to simplify your system for testing, that should make it easier.

Do you change anything in the Bios so you could run Raid? On one system I have there is a Intel RAID controller you can turn on but I only saw it in simple mode.. It may have been a different motherboard..

It appears you saw the comment about RAID required non-Intel drives be inserted in the two PCH attached slots. But just that still won't let you set up a RAID array? Where do you set up the RAID array, in the Intel Rapid Storage controller? You can probably tell I am not a big fan of RAID..

These boards can be so complicated as to what can go where that it makes it hard to get the correct placements..
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200