cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undervolt Zephyrus Duo GX551QS

mehdi_moha
Level 8
Hi,

Anyone knows how to undervolt this unit? is it possible at all? since I didnt find "voltage configuration" on BIOS advance setting!

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

mehdi_moha
Level 8
mehdi.moha wrote:
Hi,

Anyone knows how to undervolt this unit? is it possible at all? since I didnt find "voltage configuration" on BIOS advance setting!

Thanks

Any idea?:rolleyes:

Hey,
If you're still asking, there is a way to limit the power your CPU can draw from the system on that model by using the Armory Crate app that usually comes pre-installed with the system.
On the HOME tab in AC if you select manual fan control, you can see SPL and SPPT sliders for the CPU.
As I understand it SPL is for standard non-boosted operation and SPPT is the maximum power the CPU can use during boost.
You can reduce one or both to limit your CPU power consumption and reduce the temps a little.

I haven't seen any issues with reducing these, and my temps are in the low 80s during CPU intensive gameplay.
It may even allow you more room to OC your GPU and still maintain stable performance.

Hope this helps... 😄

Culle wrote:
Hey,
If you're still asking, there is a way to limit the power your CPU can draw from the system on that model by using the Armory Crate app that usually comes pre-installed with the system.
On the HOME tab in AC if you select manual fan control, you can see SPL and SPPT sliders for the CPU.
As I understand it SPL is for standard non-boosted operation and SPPT is the maximum power the CPU can use during boost.
You can reduce one or both to limit your CPU power consumption and reduce the temps a little.

I haven't seen any issues with reducing these, and my temps are in the low 80s during CPU intensive gameplay.
It may even allow you more room to OC your GPU and still maintain stable performance.

Hope this helps... 😄

Thanks 🙂
Can you share your SPL and SPPT values here 🙂