cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog strix z590a or prime z590a

nezff
Level 7
I'm in between these two motherboards right now. I'm a gamer and won't be overclocking at all. I will have a i7 10700k. A 2080super ftw 3 ultra, hopefully a 3080 ti when i get the notification.

Just wondering which bored is betterfor the money. The strix is of course more money. Don't really have a budget. Any and all advice is appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7

nezff
Level 7
Also should I be going z490 or z590? I'm hearing issues with z590 motherboards? I'm coming from z390. Thanks

Zardoc
Level 10
Hi, I have the Z590 WiFi - A Just the sound driver makes me sick. I f I could get the sound of the ALC 1220 and have the rest of the board, I would be content.
So much for that. 😞

Zardoc wrote:
Hi, I have the Z590 WiFi - A Just the sound driver makes me sick. I f I could get the sound of the ALC 1220 and have the rest of the board, I would be content.
So much for that. 😞

So everything is ok with the board? What cpu you running?
I was just wondering because one guy over at overclock was telling me the z590 boards had issues with microcode in bios, driver issues etc. I'll be using the 10700k

nezff wrote:
I was just wondering because one guy over at overclock was telling me the z590 boards had issues with microcode in bios, driver issues etc. I'll be using the 10700k

I have seen no driver issues or bios issues either with the Prime or the Strix. First of all, I don't install the bios for Win 11, I just activate it. I have an 11000 (non K) and it runs at a steady 4.39 GHZ.

I built a few Z590 boards and they work just fine. Like I said, audio codec makes all the difference. If you really love music, get a pcie sound card.

nezff wrote:

you're going to use the 10700k? any particular reason, or do you have it lying around?

either way, don't forget that the cpu-bound nvme slot won't work with 10th gen (the m.2_1 slot)

Hemimax
Level 8
If you don't need the wifi I think the Prime Z590A is a better board. No issues with 11700K.

Zardoc
Level 10
I have always bought the Prime series. Now I bought the Strix because I wanted to have the WiFi and Bluetooth.
I gained that for the lousy price of a bad audio codec.

Stick to Prime z590. Excellent board.