cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G732LXS freeze in Games

El_Finito
Level 7
Hello,

i have a G732LXS that freezes in Games so that it has to be restartet by pushing the Power-Button. The Notebook freezes only by playing Games. Sometimes i can play a few hours without problems and somtimes it doesn't take longer then a few minutes.

Has anyone an Idea or the same Problems with a G732?
8 REPLIES 8

BigJohnny
Level 13
Have you monitored your temps and is it on battery or plugged in?

Hello BigJohnny,

i almost use the Notebook plugged in and i monitored the temps yesterday.

I used 3DMark to test the notebook an it freezed in the first round after ~5 Minutes, the temps were, so i would say okay. (CPU 64 celsius and GPU 81,5 celsius)

After this one freeze i used the Tests of 3DMark four times without Problems and the temps go on to CPU 100 Celsius and GPU 85 Celsius without a freeze. So I think, that temps are not really the problem.

Hello,

I tested my G732LXS with Memtest86 and the Notebook wasn't able to solve the Tests. In normal case it took not more then 10 Minutes and the Notebook freezes in Memtest86.

If I shut it down and disconnected from Power and then plugged and started, the Notebook runs in Memtest86 more than 1 Hour and then it freezes with Errors displayed.

So I think the RAM or something else is damaged.

That definitely looks like failing memory. You probably have two modules installed; try removing one and running the test again. If it fails, replace that module with the other one to figure out which module is dying (hopefully not both).

I tested now both modules in every slot and all 4 Tests were succesfully done. But after using both modules together the System freezes using Memtest86.

In my Opinion the Problem could be the RAM-Modules or the Memorycontroller on the CPU.

El_Finito wrote:
I tested now both modules in every slot and all 4 Tests were succesfully done. But after using both modules together the System freezes using Memtest86.

In my Opinion the Problem could be the RAM-Modules or the Memorycontroller on the CPU.

That is really strange. Can you RMA your laptop?

Yes, i will start a RMA at next week, because i am for a few days on vacation and not need the Notebook for my Job in this Time.

So the Problem war solved by an Asus RMA. The Mainboard was changed because of a damaged DDR-Slot.