cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you stay up-to-date with MB Bios releases?

DrizitYeji
Level 7
I just realized I've been running the old 3001 bios on my tuf gaming pro-wifo x570 motherboard.

Current bios is 3603, and was released 03/20/21.

Is there a way to be notified when a new bios is released?

In Armory Crate, it says no bios update available even though bios version 3603 has been out for sometime.
5 REPLIES 5

AfterShock
Level 9
I just check here from time to time.

xeizo
Level 12
AMD motherboard forum on overclock.net, Shamino from Asus posts his test-bioses there, can't be more up-to-date unless being at Asus HQ. Considering you are confident enough to run a test-bios, anything could go wrong but it mostly doesn't.
R9 7950X - ASUS X670E Crosshair Extreme (bios 0803) - 32GB HyperX Fury Beast @6200c32 - Corsair H150i Pro - ASUS RTX3080 TUF OC V2 - Phanteks P400A - Corsair RM850 - WD SN850

BuddyW
Level 7
DrizitYeji wrote:
I just realized I've been running the old 3001 bios on my tuf gaming pro-wifo x570 motherboard.

Current bios is 3603, and was released 03/20/21.

Is there a way to be notified when a new bios is released?

In Armory Crate, it says no bios update available even though bios version 3603 has been out for sometime.

In general if your system is working well you don't really have need to update BIOS...and many people even say you shouldn't just to avoid making problems where there weren't before. By the same token, when something isn't working right is the time to go check if there's a BIOS update available in case it might help.

So in other words, there's really no need to get updated on BIOS releases.

raju2529
Level 7
if possible install MY Asus application from microsoft store , install asus system control interface driver , then log in to my asus application, check new bios is available or not.
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

BigJohnny
Level 13
If it aint broke dont fix it.
Some of the older BIOS files work better as the micorcodes get update it nearly always = drop in performance and/or higher temps. I run a newer BIOS (not the latest as things are working perfectly) modded with older MCU. I tried the newer ones and lost performance and got higher temps.