cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS AISUTE 3 Error Invalid Class String, ProglID:"AsusFanCOntrolService.Fancontrol

nitinvaid20
Level 7
I did reinstalled new windows in system yesterday and today while installing AISUTE 3 after successful install getting error
ASUS AISUTE 3 Error Invalid Class String, ProglID:"AsusFanControlService.FancontrolManager"
when system is booting or i am trying to Open AI SUTE its not even opening Mother board is ASIS MAXIMUS XII HERO
19 REPLIES 19

nitinvaid20
Level 7
Please anyone this is so frustrating error even AISUTE is also not working
I did tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times

This is Windows new update related and ASUS did not update AISuite 3 for a while

I am on windows 10 19043.985 with my prime x570-Pro. I have AI suite 3.00.79 (dip 3.00.78), no issues what so ever. Sounds like a registry error, but I could be wrong.

bihslk wrote:
This is Windows new update related and ASUS did not update AISuite 3 for a while

yes i think you are right.. is there any way to uninstall that specific update?

I think it have to do something with the 21H1 update on WIN10

I dont know if you can uninstall but if you have backup then you can maybe fix it. But i will not change anything. Asus need to fix this asap or make FANEXPERT as standalone software. I use AiSuite only because of FanExpert nothing else

x-x-eternity-x-
Level 7
nitinvaid20 wrote:
I did reinstalled new windows in system yesterday and today while installing AISUTE 3 after successful install getting error
ASUS AISUTE 3 Error Invalid Class String, ProglID:"AsusFanControlService.FancontrolManager"
when system is booting or i am trying to Open AI SUTE its not even opening Mother board is ASIS MAXIMUS XII HERO

im having the same problem. just built my new pc mobo [crosshair 8 impact] but it was ok a few days ago on my old pc [crosshair 8 hero]I switched over the m.2 and it was working on this pc too before I updated all the drivers

x-x-eternity-x-x wrote:
im having the same problem. just built my new pc mobo [crosshair 8 impact] but it was ok a few days ago on my old pc [crosshair 8 hero]I switched over the m.2 and it was working on this pc too before I updated all the drivers

uninstall everything ASUS related ASUS Light service aura sync armory

then install the AI sute 1st configure it
then install asus armory

I've got the same issue with AI Suite 3, it's definitely a Win10 update issue.

Both AI Suite 3 and Armoury Crate do not work.

I also found 2 posts on the Microsoft website about updates causing AI Suite to crash, they are from 2016 and 2017 so Asus should be aware of previous issues. No solutions were found on either post.

Just FYI, AMD has newer chipset drivers than what's listed on the Asus driver page. Here's the link. Scroll down and select the options to the chipset on your mobo.

https://www.amd.com/en/support

I use Macrium Reflect to make a backup image of my C drive so I can restore it later if I need to.

I restored an image from May 19th when I knew everything was working, and immediately installed StopUpdates10 to keep Windows from downloading and installing any updates.

I loaded Armoury Crate & it updated. I clicked on Device and updated HAL. Then I updated all the drivers and AI Suite 3.

When I rebooted, I got 2 errors from AI Suite 3:

Dipawaymode
Invalid class string, ProgID: "AsusFanControlService.FanControlManager"

Aisuite3
Invalid class string, ProgID: "AsusFanControlService.FanControlManager"

I uninstalled AI Suite 3 from Programs and Features and rebooted.

I installed AI Suite 3 again from Armoury Crate and this time I didn't get any errors.

I checked and made sure both AI Suite 3 and Armoury Crate were working correctly and made a backup image.

I turned off StopUpdates10 and installed the latest Windows updates and both of them are still working perfectly.

There seems to be a glitch that Armoury Crate and AI Suite 3 need to be updated first before installing the latest Windows updates.

I originally installed the Windows updates first, then updated the 2 programs and that's when they both stopped working.