Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    New ROGer Array 7rank PC Specs
    7rank PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z690-E Gaming WiFi
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-12700K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX5M2B5600C36
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB ROG Strix
    MonitorViewSonic Elite XG270QC Curved 27” 1ms 1440p 165Hz FreeSync Premium Pro Gaming Monitor with VESA DP
    Storage #1Hynix NvMe 1Tb 2280
    Storage #2Hynix NvMe 1Tb 2280
    CPU CoolerASUS ROG Ryujin II 240 RGB all-in-one liquid CPU cooler 240mm Radiator
    CaseFractal Design Define 7 Compact Black Brushed
    Power SupplyASUS ROG Strix 1000W Gold PSU

Quote Originally Posted by prymortal69 View Post
    Sad to say there is far to much I need to write here, so i'm going shorten it down from 4 pages, but Z690-F strix same thing, can confirm you need CSM Enabled for DP ports to work on 3 EVGA 3080 GPU's, 2 are KR 10GB one is KL 12GB, 100% of the time. without it you generally get a 3 day cycle of working then pure cancer & need a HDMI TV to get into bios to turn on CSM to fix the issue.
    As for how i know once again to much to write hdr/10bit/csm/driver/software e.t.c. all tested, bios changes tested, ram multiple sets, psu multiple units, MB, CPU, Nvme's (GPT) e.t.c. multiple tested. Monitors multiple tested the one with a original DP port 1.2 Asus & the Viewsonic DVI to DP port adaptor did work. but nothing modern LG, Asus & MSI. e.t.c e.t.c. & Many many more e.t.c.
    I should mention at this point those GPU's have the firmware fix for DP ports & Resizebar. So it was at that point + above I went outside the box just to find out it was the Asus Motherboard & CSM causing DP ports not to work. Bios 1003, 1304,1403, 1505 all tested with same result.

Only thing not tried is 3060-3090 & another brand because obviously no one will give me one for free to try & i'm sure as hell not buying a 4th GPU just to get the same result.
    WOW, you have really put your du diligence in on this....
    So this is obviously an PCie issue with the display port, because the on board Video display port with the CPU (no card installed) works just fine. I set up this PC with just the CPU video and display port for several days, and never an issue... as soon as I plugged in the RTX 1050 Ti, 4 hours of troubleshooting began with trial and error until realizing CSM has to be on for display port.
    As it seems this issue has been quite a long time, How do we get this issue to the developers/programmers of the system bios for ASUS to be addressed !!!
    Or do they allready know and can't fix it.... who's to know
    I also found this on Nvidia forum...
    https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answ...id/3156/kw/CSM
    Last edited by 7rank; 06-12-2022 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Link

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by 7rank View Post
    WOW, you have really put your du diligence in on this....
    So this is obviously an PCie issue with the display port, because the on board Video display port with the CPU (no card installed) works just fine. I set up this PC with just the CPU video and display port for several days, and never an issue... as soon as I plugged in the RTX 1050 Ti, 4 hours of troubleshooting began with trial and error until realizing CSM has to be on for display port.
    As it seems this issue has been quite a long time, How do we get this issue to the developers/programmers of the system bios for ASUS to be addressed !!!
    Or do they allready know and can't fix it.... who's to know
    I also found this on Nvidia forum...
    https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answ...id/3156/kw/CSM
    Good find, sad to say that has been debunked already in my testing.. & more.

No fix, lots of posts out there on this, very spread out because you search for a specific issue & you get limited info in the posts, very few posts have the 100% fix listed (Enable CSM). Even less with the 80-90% fix Make sure you turn the monitor on a second or 2 before the PC. Most say not fixed/RMA/New System.
    Oh there is another fix which can restore working signal. So DVI monitor > DVI cable > DVI to DP adapter . Works to keep the signal going all the time so it wont drop out during start up. [viewsonic] (This weirdly works, but changing DP port down to 1.2/1.3 From DP 1.4 doesn't [LG 34GN850-B ], But having DP port 1.2 & not DP 1.4 also works so far "limited testing" [Asus PG34 something])
    Issue with modern monitors, So you need (NEED!!) Signal to use the menu, So when you have this issue you have no menu & in return no way to switch inputs from DP to HDMI to fix the issue. If you could use the menu, you could literally switch inputs until the DP port signal starts working which it kind of does at 3 points during loading but without swapping the input it 'll stay on the black/grey screen not working with no signal. (I know this because we used a External switch)
    ^^ Also just a FYI to anyone wanting to swap from DP port to HDMI but can't because No Signal. Or wants to enable CSM & be done with the issue but can't because No Signal. keep your monitor plugged in & PC off, Plug in a HDMI TV as well. Turn on PC. Wait.... It'll load, might not get signal right away but at some point the TV will get signal, Sometimes both the TV & monitor get signal.

All speculation but reports go back to GTX980's which the DP port firmware seems to have fixed going off posts, then its the 2070ti's which they all claim RMA fixed, Now it was the 3060ti & 3080ti which most but not all claim firmware patch fixed. In the cracks are the 3050-3080 (Not seen a 3090 one yet but also not been looking) e.t.c. They all show up on google, different forums e.t.c. The posts often have modern posts asking if they have fixed it because they now have the same issue & they all answer No.
    Now keep in mind some posts Pre-date this but for the 3080 specifically The issue was mainly posted about end of dec/Jan onwards (So they are often confused for the 3080ti) which is about when they released GPU's with the DP port 1.4 firmware already on the card, Also Firmware for Resizebar, unsure if on cards but was patched in by most company's about that time & I have seen the issue on both newer & original release cards. Also CPU/MB micro-code updates for security flaws, bios update & chipset updates. All of that was around end of Dec/Jan. Safe bet it's that time a bug or a combinations of those things caused one "Legacy style Bug", at least for the 3000 series GPU issues &/Or Motherboards's affected. Assuming its not DP 1.4/1.4a itself being the issue.

Here is the interesting part It's not just Intel Z690+12900kf. Its also AMD x570+5900x & X570s+3900x (yes we did swap the CPU's on both systems) So it could be the GPU/DP port (code) causing the issue with CSM.
    Last edited by prymortal69; 06-14-2022 at 09:17 PM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Jesseinsf PC Specs
    Jesseinsf PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme (Z390)
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 9900K
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMW128GX4M4E3200C16 - 128GB (4x32)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA - GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition
    Sound CardOnboard TOSLINK to powered speakers
    MonitorMSI Creator PS321URV (32 in 4k HDR600)
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe SSD 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro M.2 PCIe SSD 1TB
    CPU CoolerASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO (3x LIAN LI UNI FAN SL INFINITY 120)
    CaseLian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL Black (ROG Certified)
    Power SupplySeasonic - PRIME TX-1000 (80+ Titanium) - New version that doesn't trip from transient spikes
    Keyboard RAZER HUNTSMAN ELITE - LINEAR OPTICAL SWITCH (Red) w/ PBT Keycaps
    Mouse Razer Basilisk Ultimate with Charging Dock
    Headset Bowers and Wilkins P9 Signature
    Mouse Pad LOFTMAT (16x13 inch) Cushioned Gaming Mat - "The Gaming Slim"
    Headset/Speakers Vanatoo Transparent One Encore with Rel HT/1003 Subwoofer
    OS Windows 11 Pro for Workstations 64-bit
    Network RouterRAXE500 — Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream AXE11000 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6E Router
    Accessory #1 Microsoft Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2
    Accessory #2 2x Logitech BRIO ULTRA HD PRO WEBCAM
    Accessory #3 10 LIAN LI UNI FAN SL INFINITY 120 (Includes AIO fans)

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlac01 View Post
    Hero13 motherboard REQUIRES me to launch CSM in order for the display ports to work properly on new 3080 TI graphics card.
    I CANNOT get into bios without this method. The monitor shows NO SIGNAL until I'm splashed on desktop. This issue does NOT appear with HDMI. I want 120HZ and 4K, so display port for me is a must. Could this be a bios issue? CSM disabled and 2080TI worked perfectly...

anyone? Bueller?

thx
    In UEFI mode (not CSM mode), does it work properly If you shut down you PC from the start menu by choosing "Shut down" and then starting it back up?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by prymortal69 View Post
    Sad to say there is far to much I need to write here, so i'm going shorten it down from 4 pages, but Z690-F strix same thing, can confirm you need CSM Enabled for DP ports to work on 3 EVGA 3080 GPU's, 2 are KR 10GB one is KL 12GB, 100% of the time. without it you generally get a 3 day cycle of working then pure cancer & need a HDMI TV to get into bios to turn on CSM to fix the issue.
    As for how i know once again to much to write hdr/10bit/csm/driver/software e.t.c. all tested, bios changes tested, ram multiple sets, psu multiple units, MB, CPU, Nvme's (GPT) e.t.c. multiple tested. Monitors multiple tested the one with a original DP port 1.2 Asus & the Viewsonic DVI to DP port adaptor did work. but nothing modern LG, Asus & MSI. e.t.c e.t.c. & Many many more e.t.c.
    I should mention at this point those GPU's have the firmware fix for DP ports & Resizebar. So it was at that point + above I went outside the box just to find out it was the Asus Motherboard & CSM causing DP ports not to work. Bios 1003, 1304,1403, 1505 all tested with same result.

Only thing not tried is 3060-3090 & another brand because obviously no one will give me one for free to try & i'm sure as hell not buying a 4th GPU just to get the same result.
    I also have the exact same issue with the ASUS Z690-F Strix Gaming mobo. I am using an AMD RX480 video card, so the issue is not restricted to Nvidia cards.
    My reading indicates there are serious problems with the Z690 chipset that neither Intel nor mobo manufactuers have addressed. Last I heard, ASUS and Intel were working on the problem but I don't think they have solved it yet.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Saltgrass PC Specs
    Saltgrass PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus XIII Hero
    Processori9 11900K
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 3090 FTW
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorDell AW3420DW
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Pro 1 TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212X
    CaseCooler Master
    Power SupplyAntec HCP Platinum 1000
    Keyboard ASUS Strix Flare
    Mouse ASUS Chakram
    Headset/Speakers Logitech wired 5.1
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Network RouterROG Rapture GT-AX11000/AXE11000
    Accessory #1 VR Headset
    Accessory #2 Saitek X52

So, it looks like this situation is continuing. Really too bad it could not be limited to some specific video card or motherboard. My Z590 board seems fine with a 3090 FTW Ultra. I haven't needed to use the CSM since the GTX 680, if I remember correctly, came out with firmware which did not support secure boot, but was updated later.

There is still a situation regarding the newer 3090 video cards, like the 3090 Ti which will not work with the HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, which also uses the DP connection.

I will be receiving an HDR monitor in a couple of weeks, so just in case that is involved, maybe I will see the problem then.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3