cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I definitely received a faulty product.

logan4798
Level 7
My laptop model is ASUS ROG GL503GE. One of the keys on my laptop keyboard popped out 2 days ago and when I consulted at the service center, they told me that they will have to change the whole keyboard needs to be changed, well this was itself preposterous because changing the whole keyboard just because of one key sound ridiculous, but I didn't object. The reason they gave was that the lock has broke and individual keys and locks aren't manufactured so they need to change the whole keyboard. I didn't have any choice so I asked them the cost for doing so and I was told 8000 rs. Just because one key popped off, I have to pay 8000 rs. This isn't the service I expect. In the past also when I gave the laptop to a service center saying that GPU temperatures are too high and by too high I mean 90-94 degrees Celsius. They claimed every time that they have done this and that and yet there was no change in the temp. Eventually, I had to stop gaming on a laptop that is marketed as a gaming laptop and I purchased it by paying a huge amount of money. In the span of 2 years, I had to visit the service center 6 to 7 times. In just 2 years, its GPU heat pipe got broken, the motherboard malfunctioned so had to get it replaced, and now this. I have been saying time and again that this is a faulty piece but I received no help from anyone in Asus. I haven't heard anyone visiting the service center 6 to 7 times in the span of just 2 years. At the end of the day, I am stuck with a laptop with many faults which is good just for watching movies and surfing and running some applications for work, well I can't even do that now because one of the keys isn't there. All this can be done on a mere 40000 rs to 55000 rs laptop. I am just at a loss of words and also at a loss at a ton of money.
6 REPLIES 6

BigJohnny
Level 13
Just a piece of advice for the future. The words Gaming and laptop done belong in the same sentence. Sure most of them have a little more umph than other models but are still incapable of providing the power necessary and wont run anything intensive on battery power.

I do rarely use my Laptop and never for gaming, faulty pieces are very cost intensive.
I have never bought a high end brand for my Laptops, i dont trust the concept.

BigJohnny wrote:
Just a piece of advice for the future. The words Gaming and laptop done belong in the same sentence. Sure most of them have a little more umph than other models but are still incapable of providing the power necessary and wont run anything intensive on battery power.

I agree with you totally on this. I learnt this the hard way. Thernal throttling overheating, you name it. I can't game on this anymore. And asus isn't doing anything to help, now that my laptop is out of warranty, i don't see any point on spending money on this.

logan4798 wrote:
I agree with you totally on this. I learnt this the hard way. Thernal throttling overheating, you name it. I can't game on this anymore. And asus isn't doing anything to help, now that my laptop is out of warranty, i don't see any point on spending money on this.

Cant say I blame you. I do buy high end gaming laptops for the compute power, not for the gaming aspect. I also have others like a surface pro I use for browsing and office productivity. If its out of warranty then its getting aged as far as technology goes anyhow and time for a new one. No sense in diving down a rabbit hole on constant repairs.

Edit: One other thing is Ive seen more than one complaint over this particular laptop. I have a G752VY and I think that was the last decent series made. Its heave as hell but it doesnt overheat and gets the job done. I upgraded the drives and ram and recently had to replace the battery as it was down to taking only 45% of its designed capacity. Got an OEM one and its now taking the full original charge. Not that it lasts very long for any intensive workloads but its good for a few hours on menial task. For battery longevity on menial tasks I use my Surface pro that has a quad core CPU and uses onboard graphics and it gets every bit of 10 hours on a charge.

Your keyboard definitely is faulty - it can't type paragraphs to make things nice and easy to read 😉

On a serious note - I currently have an Asus gaming laptop which has been going great for over three years! But that is because I pretty much use it as a desktop, and always have it connected to power.

I would definitely buy another Asus gaming laptop in the future. But if I was going to be on the road a lot, without access to electricity, I don't think I would trust the battery of pretty much any laptop, let alone a gaming laptop.

In your situation - my best advice is to document everything and be specific. If you complain to Asus, and just say "in two years I have been to the service centre 6-7 times" that probably won't help them very much, nor kickstart the support process.

But if you say something like "On June 12th, 2021, I took the laptop to the service centre and spoke with a technician named David. I explained to him that the computer would approach 94 degrees when gaming, taking screenshots to verify this. David found that its GPU heat pipe had broken, and the motherboard was replaced under warranty, which was completed on June 18."

If you do that for all six times that you had to take it to the service centre, and Asus can see in one email exactly all the troubles you have experienced, with dates, times, names, troubleshooting attempted, and results, then you should have much better luck coming to a resolution.

Good luck 🙂

BigJohnny wrote:
Cant say I blame you. I do buy high end gaming laptops for the compute power, not for the gaming aspect. I also have others like a surface pro I use for browsing and office productivity. If its out of warranty then its getting aged as far as technology goes anyhow and time for a new one. No sense in diving down a rabbit hole on constant repairs.

Edit: One other thing is Ive seen more than one complaint over this particular laptop. I have a G752VY and I think that was the last decent series made. Its heave as hell but it doesnt overheat and gets the job done. I upgraded the drives and ram and recently had to replace the battery as it was down to taking only 45% of its designed capacity. Got an OEM one and its now taking the full original charge. Not that it lasts very long for any intensive workloads but its good for a few hours on menial task. For battery longevity on menial tasks I use my Surface pro that has a quad core CPU and uses onboard graphics and it gets every bit of 10 hours on a charge.

Hi, where did you purchase your new oem battery? as mine is down to 50%.
G750 -JHA -32GB -256GB SSD -512GB SAMSUNG 840 PRO SSD
Windows 8.1...Home Ed.
Latest Kit..Sep 2016
G752-VY-32GB- 2 X 256GB SSD'S + 512GB SAMSUNG 840 PRO Windows 10 Home Edition.