cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS denied my RMA because of the most standard wear on the displayports

MartianMooCow
Level 7
Hi ROG community,

I feel as if I'm being unfairly treated by ASUS's RMA department.
Basically I have a RTX 2080 Super that experienced a burnt SMD component, sent it in for warranty and they denied my coverage because of some wear on the DisplayPorts and they quoted $900 to fix this card. I'm just in disbelief right now.

The DisplayPorts were working before the big pop of the SMD component

I have attached pictures of their definition of "damage".

2 REPLIES 2

cl-Adrian
Level 8
MartianMooCow wrote:
Hi ROG community,

I feel as if I'm being unfairly treated by ASUS's RMA department.
Basically I have a RTX 2080 Super that experienced a burnt SMD component, sent it in for warranty and they denied my coverage because of some wear on the DisplayPorts and they quoted $900 to fix this card. I'm just in disbelief right now.

The DisplayPorts were working before the big pop of the SMD component

I have attached pictures of their definition of "damage".

My name is Adrian from the ASUS Customer Loyalty Team here at our North America Corporate Office. If you would allow, I would be more than glad to help provide a resolution to this case. Please PM or email me with the below details so I can work with related personnel to get this straightened out.

Product S/N:
RMA #:
Complete Shipping Address:
Full name:
Phone#:
Email:

My email is cl-adrian@asus.com.:

cl-Adrian@ROG wrote:
My name is Adrian from the ASUS Customer Loyalty Team here at our North America Corporate Office. If you would allow, I would be more than glad to help provide a resolution to this case. Please PM or email me with the below details so I can work with related personnel to get this straightened out.

Product S/N:
RMA #:
Complete Shipping Address:
Full name:
Phone#:
Email:

My email is cl-adrian@asus.com.:

Hi Adrian,

I sent you my information through email.

Also I've tried to appeal their decision but they are standing by their decision of denying me coverage "We have not been advised of there being a known issue/defect with this model where it would break on its own under normal use w/out some kind of intervention. Therefore we are following our standard policy.

Physical damage is excluded from the standard warranty coverage. If you would like to proceed with service, payment is required."

This is feels very unfair.