Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Saltgrass View Post
    OK, a couple of questions. You do not want me to set up my AX 201 for testing?

It sounds like the desktop with the AX200 also has a speed problem?

I wish I could help with the 1 Gbps internet speed but mine is only 400 Mbps, so there is no way for me to test.. I have gotten 1.4 Gbps speeds when transferring internally.
    I thank you for the offer butwithout know what you get for speeds above 600Mbps i am not sure how useful it would be in my circumstances.

As for my desktop, it does have a speed problem in the sense that it to cannot get much above 600Mbps over wifi 6, yet can get full speed over ethernet

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by BigJohnny View Post
    Whats your distance to router. Faster it gets the shorter the disance gets. This is pretty much line of sight with no barriers to get optimal performance. Why I run 10Gbe over copper with a netgear nighthawk X10. Fiber out to Managed switch in Basement, fiber to NAS then 10Gbe over copper to second floor to another managed switch where my PC plugs in, has onboard Aquantia 10Gbe network adaptor. Its fast to ISP (limitation is the 1GB up and down of FIOS) and its nice to see transfers back and forth to my NAS being limited by drive speed instead of network speed. NAS has an NVME 500GB samsung 960 pro as a buffer to the spinners. I generally average 1Gbps transfer speeds.
    I have tried various distances and positions ranging from on top of the router, 3m away, in the next room so still about 3m away but with a plasterboard/drywall in the way and then a copuple other rooms at varying distances and none of them improve on the speed and as you would imagine the further away and more between the router and client the speed naturally drops off.

therefore even under optimum confitions youi have outlined, wifi doesnt really go above 600Mbps

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by HK-47 View Post
    I am on 41700 using AT&T Giga fiber I'm getting advertised speeds on my PC over wifi6. My S21 Ultra gets good speed as well but not 980 down/up like the PC.I attached some images of how my wifi is configured. Also check the wireless log and make sure it's actually using the 160hz. If it detects radar in the area it will switch back to 80mhz.

Attachment 89009
    Attachment 89010
    Attachment 89011
    Attachment 89012
    Our set up is almost identical, apart from a couple of settings under "professional" which i have now changed to mirror yours and the speed on wifi hasn't improved any unfortunately.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Saltgrass PC Specs
    Saltgrass PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus XIII Hero
    Processori9 11900K
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 3090 FTW
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorDell AW3420DW
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Pro 1 TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212X
    CaseCooler Master
    Power SupplyAntec HCP Platinum 1000
    Keyboard ASUS Strix Flare
    Mouse ASUS Chakram
    Headset/Speakers Logitech wired 5.1
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Network RouterROG Rapture GT-AX11000/AXE11000
    Accessory #1 VR Headset
    Accessory #2 Saitek X52

Just a comment based on a recent operation. I was transferring files between two AX Wi-Fi systems which show the high link speeds. All 4 of the files, different sizes and types, never got above 650 Mbps..

It should not make a difference but I am currently on the AXE11000.. I will be doing some more testing to try to verify..

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Saltgrass PC Specs
    Saltgrass PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus XIII Hero
    Processori9 11900K
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 3090 FTW
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorDell AW3420DW
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Pro 1 TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212X
    CaseCooler Master
    Power SupplyAntec HCP Platinum 1000
    Keyboard ASUS Strix Flare
    Mouse ASUS Chakram
    Headset/Speakers Logitech wired 5.1
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Network RouterROG Rapture GT-AX11000/AXE11000
    Accessory #1 VR Headset
    Accessory #2 Saitek X52

I just tested with the same files but went from the 2.5 Gbps port on my desktop, through the 2.5 Gbps LAN port on the router to an AX Wi-Fi laptop.. (AX210) ..

A noticeable difference.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SpeedTest.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	159.0 KB 
ID:	89016
    Last edited by Saltgrass; 06-16-2021 at 04:16 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I have just been doing some digging in the wifi log and can see that my desktop is confirmed as connected as AX, using 2 streams and at 160MHz, i can see the tx and rx rates being 1729M and 1921M respectively which suggests to me that the fault doesnt lie with the wifi connection or even the client as everything seems ok, but rather the problem seems to eb that router is either unwilling or incapable to route internet to these devices at full speed for some reason.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2