cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming CPU core speed low?

Dino-Army
Level 7
Hey guys. Got a bit of a story here here are my specs though,

Windows 10
Ryzen 3900x default speed
EVGA RTX 2080TI FTW 3 Ultra
32GB DDR4 3600mhz crucial ballistix

Both motherboards are on default settings apart from XMP/DOCP where my ram can get the 3600mhz

Recently i had to switch to the Asus Rog Strix x570-F due to my old Asrock board was not booting from cold (a few people had it) So i switched to this awesome looking and sounding board. But my cpu does not seem to be boosting that well. Basically the old asrock would boost in most games and applications to 4.22ghz and single core would go to 4.55ghz. This motherboard is for some reason only allowing 3.80Ghz to 4.08Ghz. I'm wondering if its due to a setting in my bios i missed but its strange seeing my cpu not boosting fully.

My bios version is abit out of date and unsure if this version will cause this. Version 3001 .

Any help or whats going on is awesome.
3 REPLIES 3

Majestic253
Level 7
With Zen 2 processors my old 3700x was focused on 4,050ghz boost on all core, I think it's due to these processors and the bios settings of this motherboard, because currently with the new 5900x it reaches 4,500ghz on all cores and 4,950ghz on the single core with the default settings of the motherboard.

You can try updating the bios with the latest version available.

RedSector73
Level 12
In the BIOS, navigate to

Extreme Tweaker -> Precision Boost Overdive
PBO Fmax Enchancer to Enabled
Precision Boost Overdrive to Enabled
Precision Boost Overdrive Scalar to Auto
Max CPU Boost Clock override to Auto
Platform Themal Throttle Limit to Auto

Save changes, retest and see if the clocks are more like what used to see on other motherboard (or better).

Hope you find this helpful.

I_G_SYME
Level 7
Dino-Army wrote:
Hey guys. Got a bit of a story here here are my specs though,

Windows 10
Ryzen 3900x default speed
EVGA RTX 2080TI FTW 3 Ultra
32GB DDR4 3600mhz crucial ballistix

Both motherboards are on default settings apart from XMP/DOCP where my ram can get the 3600mhz

Recently i had to switch to the Asus Rog Strix x570-F due to my old Asrock board was not booting from cold (a few people had it) So i switched to this awesome looking and sounding board. But my cpu does not seem to be boosting that well. Basically the old asrock would boost in most games and applications to 4.22ghz and single core would go to 4.55ghz. This motherboard is for some reason only allowing 3.80Ghz to 4.08Ghz. I'm wondering if its due to a setting in my bios i missed but its strange seeing my cpu not boosting fully.

My bios version is abit out of date and unsure if this version will cause this. Version 3001 .

Any help or whats going on is awesome.

First thing you have to do is update to latest BIOS version! There are always many updates with AMD boards and this should be your first port of call. I have the same board and have updated BIOS twice in last 6 weeks using Bios Flashback method with no problems. This may well cure you CPU and ram problems.