cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JW Strange green and orange charging light flashing

Amenophis
Level 10
I've got an ASUS ROG G750JW & recently put in a new ASUS battery. It's an exact fit but the past week, I've been enjoying the infamous green & orange flashing light.
I've done the usual, such as holding down the Power Button on reboot (which fixes it for a few hours) then removed the battery and held the Power Button down for near two minutes.
A couple days ago, I plugged the charger into the wall outlet instead of the Power Bar and thought for a bit that it was fixed but that's gone by the wayside.
Any new suggestions on an old problem that seems to have plagued many over the years?
12 REPLIES 12

raju2529
Level 7
@Amenophis , make sure battery is working in safemode and under bios dispaly .go to device manager , uninstall battery related drivers , then restart windows.
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

Amenophis
Level 10
Thanks for the reply. In safe mode, I could not find the battery, e.g. no icon etc. I'm not following you when you say 'under bios display, uninstall battery drivers. I have removed them by going to Control Panel then to Device manager. Are you suggesting to go into the BIOS itself?

Amenophis, under bios , check battery charing llights are working or not.
If battery drivers are not visible in safemode , then booyt windows into normal mode uninstall battery drivers under device manager.
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

Amenophis
Level 10
Still confused as to 'under bios' ... are you saying to go into the bios settings because in Device manager, I see no bios. Please clarify. Thanks.

raju2529
Level 7
see in bios settings.

Amenophis
Level 10
Good! You had said the following, "check battery charing llights are working or not" - do you mean to say, check to see if battery sharing lights are working?
Just checked the BIOS and there is nothing in there about lights nor much else that applies to the present dilemma.
Is it a chance that the new ASUS battery could be defective?

raju2529
Level 7
after connecting charger to laptop , is battery is charging did you see any graphs increasing In percentage in bios , and did you see orange light or white light is visible in laptop side frames

Amenophis
Level 10
The battery always charges when plugged in. There is nothing in the BIOS with respect to what you're asking. The laptop will act as though normal then suddenly, it will just start flashing again.

raju2529
Level 7
So that means you need to reflash the latest bios firmware. and if your laptop comes with intel processor, then check whether your processor is vulnerable or not, by running intel CSME software, Csme software can be downloaded from intel official website