cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FN Keyboard backlight keys not working?

Ragnaraz690
Level 11
Apologies if this is the wrong area to bring this up, but still.

I rarely use the RGB lights on my 2021 A15, but it was a novel feature and all the functions worked as should. Recently I was watching Netflix in the dark and went to turn on the backlight with the FN and UP keys to find it no longer works, what is going on?

I went to the ASUS site and updated all drivers, updated windows frameworks again, no luck. I have just reset the laptop and all it has done is screwed over all my settings and programs cause the keys still don't work. I can change the pattern, IE strobe, breathing.. yada yada... but I cannot alter the brightness. I can do it manually through Armoury Crate, but I would like the use of the shortcut keys.
3 REPLIES 3

fcsoares43
Level 9
Welcome to Asus Rog Laptop world and TUF Laptops, this is absolutely normal my friend try to use AURA RGB maybe you are luck... Good Luck

I don't mean to be rude, but it isn't normal, it worked before and now has suddenly stopped.
If this is "standard" ASUS problems, this may be the last device of theirs I get. It's a simple enough thing to get right, if they already had it working.
Troubleshooting on the web shows a few of their laptops do this, but tbh it's really poor software management if I can change the lighting type still yet not the brightness.

fcsoares43
Level 9

This is Asus software blowing Hardware Asus