cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuf Gaming 3080 ti on x570E Gaming - "VGA" mode issues

Swallowtail23
Level 7
I've posted this in the Graphics card section as well, not sure what the cause is on this.

Strange issue on an upgrade to an existing PC, Asus X570E Gaming, Ryzen 9 5900, 64GB. It has had an MSI 2060 Super in it all working fine, with DisplayPort connection into a Samsung CRG90 49" widescreen.

I just installed the Tuf Gaming 3080 ti and while it boots, it will not initiate "VGA" mode on its way through BIOS, and the motherboard retains its white "VGA" boot issue LED lit all the time. If I connect over HDMI to the Samsung same issue happens.

If I connect to an old LG 27" monitor I have it works fine, initiates VGA mode, BIOS is accessible, and the PC boots fully without the VGA fail white LED lighting up.

I'm at a bit of a loss to work out what the issue is, whether it's the card, the motherboard or the monitor. Anyone got any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3

Swallowtail23
Level 7
I've logged a support case U2106001728-0001 - will see if anyone responds...

I had the exact same problem and every time I update the drivers it does it as well. For some reason I can't boot with a HDMI cable I have to use a display port cable. Once you have booted however you can swap to the HDMI cable and it works fine.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

I've moved the original thread to ROG care.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090