Super_Gnome
Level 11
New Bios boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen:

Version 3602
2021/06/16 20.5 MBytes
ROG CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA BIOS 3602
"1. Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.3 Patch A
2. Improve system stability

Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (C8F.CAP) using BIOSRenamer.

If you install it please keep us informed of any developments--good or bad--and your thoughts on it. Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4

Kelutrel
Level 11
I am using this one. To me it has been rock solid. I've mostly a manual configuration with everything set up to my liking (3800MHz RAM). I heard that for best results, if you come from one of the BETA bioses, you should flash this bios using the bios flashback button, so to completely get rid of the previous settings, and so I did.
The only thing that doesn't work well is the curve optimizer in the Asus settings, that didn't make my CPU perform as fast as usual (like 5% slower CB20 than usual), while the same configuration using the usual AMD submenus settings works as good as before.
No issues here

Kelutrel wrote:
I am using this one. To me it has been rock solid. I've mostly a manual configuration with everything set up to my liking (3800MHz RAM). I heard that for best results, if you come from one of the BETA bioses, you should flash this bios using the bios flashback button, so to completely get rid of the previous settings, and so I did.
The only thing that doesn't work well is the curve optimizer in the Asus settings, that didn't make my CPU perform as fast as usual (like 5% slower CB20 than usual), while the same configuration using the usual AMD submenus settings works as good as before.
No issues here

I have had some issues with my ram settings, i am curiouls what CPU u r using?

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Interesting. I know you did not ask me, but I am using 3200 MHz ram and have set the Bios to D. O. C. P. Standard. The Memory Frequency is set to DDR4-3200MHz and the FCLK Frequency is set to half that, 1600MHz. I think that is correct, and have had no issues to my knowledge, but some of my Windows files were recently found corrupt and repaired after a Windows update would not install. A Microsoft tech via remote then reinstalled Windows from an image downloaded, and all seems to be working correctly now--but these issues only surfaced yesterday. I doubt they are related to this Bios or any settings, but have no idea why there were problems as I do not use this computer very much. I do not know the cause of the corrupt files or Windows update problem but would really really like to know.

In your case, please explain more about the issues you are seeing. Exactly what kind of issues are you having with your ram settings and/or computer?

TheDude23112
Level 8
Super Gnome wrote:
New Bios boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen:

Version 3602
2021/06/16 20.5 MBytes
ROG CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA BIOS 3602
"1. Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.3 Patch A
2. Improve system stability

Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (C8F.CAP) using BIOSRenamer.

If you install it please keep us informed of any developments--good or bad--and your thoughts on it. Thanks in advance.

Do you have a link for this?