ROG Member Array ScottTSilver PC Specs
    ScottTSilver PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Prime X299 Edition 30
    ProcessorIntel i9-10980XE
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB 96gb (F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR)
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    Graphics Card #2ROG-STRIX-RXVEGA64-O8G-GAMING
    Sound CardMobo
    MonitorLG 4k TV C9 120hz
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro
    CPU CoolerDeepcool Captain 360EX White
    CaseThermaltake Core P8 Tg
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Azio Retro Classic
    Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM1000Qi
    Headset/Speakers Onkyo 7.2 Home Theater souuround
    OS Windows Pro for Workstations 21H1
    Network RouterHitron Cable Modem - Netgear SX10 - Netgear S8000 - Netgear S8000

Prime x299 edition 30 BIOS 1004 issues

Since I updated to BIOS v.1004 on my Prime X299 Edition 30 i have had some weird USB issues

Windows 10 Pro For Workstations 21H1 19043.1055
    intel 10980XE
    96gb of Trident Z 3200
    Windows drive is a Samsung 970 Pro 512gb
    Nvidia RTX3090 FE
    Asus Strix Vega64 OC

The Primary issue that sent me looking for help is I have an Asus blu-ray burner in an external OWC Mercury Pro usb 3.1 enclosure
    Because of the design of my Case I can not install the blu-ray drive internally
    This Drive and enclosure worked perfectly fine until bios 1004 so i could enable REBAR, issues persist whether rebar is active or not

The Motherboard stalls booting when this external blu-ray drive is plugged in and displays "load VGA bios" on the little screen of the motherboard
    it will stay in this state indefinitely unless i power on with the usb unplugged OR if i unplug the usb While it is powered on and in this hung state then it will continue to boot
    If i load the bios menu with the drive connected the menu is very slow and nearly unresponsive unless i plug the usb of the drive then after a second or so it comes back to normal

If i Boot to windows without the drive plugged in and then connect it Windows gives me the alert sound that something has been plugged in
    in device manager i get two new entries pop up, under "Disk Drives" i get "ASMT 2115 USB Device" and under "Universal serial bus Controllers" i get "USB mass storage device"

However the drive never shows up under windows and no applications can access it

The other USB issues I get are sometimes when i restart or power on the computer all USB devices currently connected start installing drivers as if i Just plugged them in

also my Logitech Brio Windows hello enabled webcam says it can not be turned on and I have to enter my Pin to login at random times during boot
    Last edited by ScottTSilver; 06-19-2021 at 01:27 PM.