cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Monitor recommendations

celticguy75
Level 8
Hey,

My machine is running so nicely, that I've decided to pick up a new monitor. I'm definitely liking the look of the Asus range, but I'm not sure what to go for as a lot seem around the same price but with the same kind of performance.

Does anyone here have a monitor that they recommend? Maybe if you have a few photos of it in action since the ad shots never tell the whole story.
20 REPLIES 20

xeromist
What size are you looking for?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

celticguy75
Level 8
between 20-24" I'd consider the 27" on a good recommendation.

GOR52
Level 10
Apologies for sticking my finger here, I also need some advice. I need a multi purpose monitor and I was thinking about Asus PA238Q.
Am I going on the wrong path?

HiVizMan
Level 40
The IPS monitor is a win win at the price point GOR52 you would be hard pressed to find a IPS panel at that price. Good choice

CelticGuy75 - It all depends on what you want to use the monitor for, and how much you want to spend.

At £200+ for a 27" vs £114 for the 24" that is a serious price to pay for an extra bit of real estate.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

meh at 1080p why not just use a tv ..i use a 32" toshiba regza and never had any problems ..
and you can pick them up for what you pay for a good 24" or decent 27" monitor
AMD FX 8350 5.1ghz 221x23
CROSSHAIR V bios 1703
g-skill sniper 1600@1800
What does it matter now if men believe or no?
What is to come will come. And soon you too will stand aside,
To murmur in pity that my words were true
(Cassandra, in Agamemnon by Aeschylus)

to see the wizard one must look behind the curtain ...

HiVizMan wrote:
The IPS monitor is a win win at the price point GOR52 you would be hard pressed to find a IPS panel at that price. Good choice

Thanks for the input.
Most of my choices end up in a sort of deadlock. Asus SA is importing the PA246Q only. And that is expensive compared with the smaller brother.
They are not importing the PA238Q into South Africa.
Is anybody here from Asus who can elaborate more about this matter?

HiVizMan
Level 40
GOR52 none of the ASUS SA guys will be reading this forum mate. Not sure who the importers are but I think it is Rectron and if it is good luck getting any joy out of them. The importers decide what they are going to bring in, I do not think it is ASUS SA who make that call.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
GOR52 none of the ASUS SA guys will be reading this forum mate. Not sure who the importers are but I think it is Rectron and if it is good luck getting any joy out of them. The importers decide what they are going to bring in, I do not think it is ASUS SA who make that call.

You might have a valid point regarding who imports the stuff.

I have a buddy who made an enquiry at Asus SA and was told the PA238Q would not be imported.
This was the reply from Asus SA Facebook.

I requested one of my sellers to contact Asus SA and he got this repy:
"Reply from Asus: I have checked with my Country Product Manager, we are still in the process of getting a distributor for monitors. In terms of the review I have been informed by my marketing department that PC format SA actually used an article they sourced from another country where the monitor is available and they converted the currency. I will let you know as soon as we sign up a distributor for monitors."

I am still in the dark.

However, the PA246Q is already in circulation here, but expensive:
http://www.pricecheck.co.za/search/?search=Asus+PA246Q

celticguy75
Level 8
The monitor will be a primary monitor for games & movies. My current monitor will become a secondary one for email etc. Pricing is not an issue.