cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G713QR. Can add S3 Sleep mode???

hekkador
Level 7
Hi guys! I found terrible feature in my Asus G713QR - my laptop not sleep, because here is only S0 - so-called: "Modern Standby mode". It's known issue in new laptops produced after 2019 year. Asus G713QR - is very good solution and only lack of normal sleeping mode make me sad. And I come here for help to change this situation.

I am tried to enable in Windows policy. That not helps:

I am tried to rewrite ACPI table - but unsuccessfully. Checked using >powercfg /a - S1-S2-S3 mode completely removed from bios:

S0 mode - is not working properly and will never works properly. If anyone know how to add S3 state on this notebook please tell me.

If anyone from Asus Team who read this topic - Please add support S1-S3 modes in next bios upgrade it very necessary for me and i am sure not only for me. Asus - you best laptop manufacturer for today. You are only one company who not didn't sell out to Intel. And unlike the rest use in your top notebooks mobile CPUs Ryzen from AMD, and not Intel scrap. Be closer with us (people) and we will be always support you. I promise it from myself!
2 REPLIES 2

AAndrei
Level 8
Hi Asus!

As a G733GS owner, I want the old sleep (s3) back.
I personally I don't want this annoyingly S0 connected sleep, I don't want my laptop to stay on to receive notifications, I want only the good old S3 sleep.
Again, this is a gaming laptop, I want to quickly put it in sleep mode and shove it in my bag, I don't want that laptop to stay on and overheat!!!

Please do something sane and normal, enable the S3 sleep mode in BIOS so we can switch it on/off as we desire, don't force us to use S0!!!

AAndrei wrote:
Hi Asus!

As a G733GS owner, I want the old sleep (s3) back.
I personally I don't want this annoyingly S0 connected sleep, I don't want my laptop to stay on to receive notifications, I want only the good old S3 sleep.
Again, this is a gaming laptop, I want to quickly put it in sleep mode and shove it in my bag, I don't want that laptop to stay on and overheat!!!

Please do something sane and normal, enable the S3 sleep mode in BIOS so we can switch it on/off as we desire, don't force us to use S0!!!

Hi Andrei, maybe it makes sense to make a vote? Maybe this will help bring god's attention to mortals)