cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Board is occasionally taking me to bios update screen at boot.

Zarathustraa
Level 7
Sometimes, the system boots me into the bios update screen. I think it usually happens after power cycling. I boot into the screen and just reboot, as I don't have a bios set to load. Does anyone know why I might be seeing that screen? Could it indicate processor degradation? Is this a bug in the motherboard that shows up with age?
5 REPLIES 5

pndiode
Level 11
Try replacing the battery on the motherboard with a new battery. The battery provides power even when the computer is off and allows the CMOS to save all the settings (BIOS).

pndiode wrote:
Try replacing the battery on the motherboard with a new battery. The battery provides power even when the computer is off and allows the CMOS to save all the settings (BIOS).

Won't I lose my overclocking profile by pulling it?

BigJohnny
Level 13
Should be able to save the settings to USB then load them back up.
I dont think its the battery though, sound more like someone isnt playing nice. Usually when the battery craps it loses everything at every power off.

BigJohnny wrote:
Should be able to save the settings to USB then load them back up.
I dont think its the battery though, sound more like someone isnt playing nice. Usually when the battery craps it loses everything at every power off.

I should replace the battery anyways. I guess when they get low stuff starts acting oddly. I have had the machine for five years, and it's about time. I am probably a few months away from losing a ram oc.

I have not changed any hardware in years, and this just started happening.

Replaced the battery. I saved out a txt file, and not a com file. I can't find some of the settings.

Do you know if settings such as:

Disable Parity Workaround [Disabled]
CMD Margins [40]

are not visible in the bios?