Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Member Array

I've had increasingly severe problems again for the past couple of weeks. Eventually, my wired MacBook Pro dock became unable to get a DHCP lease again -- similar symptom to past failures I've been unable to resolve without factory-resetting.

I submitted another Feedback from the AXE11000 UI and included this forum thread in the message this time.

Incidentally, I've been on firmware 43986 for a couple weeks. I upgraded when I started to experience web browsing problems and DNS failures (typically how this problem begins) but it didn't help. Overall, this feels a lot like the ST:TNG episode when the USS Yomato gets infected by the Iconian software.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Saltgrass PC Specs
    Saltgrass PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus XIII Hero
    Processori9 11900K
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 3090 FTW
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorDell AW3420DW
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Pro 1 TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212X
    CaseCooler Master
    Power SupplyAntec HCP Platinum 1000
    Keyboard ASUS Strix Flare
    Mouse ASUS Chakram
    Headset/Speakers Logitech wired 5.1
    OS Win 10 Pro
    Network RouterROG Rapture GT-AX11000/AXE11000
    Accessory #1 VR Headset
    Accessory #2 Saitek X52

Trouble shooting something normally includes disconnecting everything that is not essential. Start with one Windows system and check the logs. If it happens hourly, exactly, something is probably changing a lease.. We should be able to compare logs to see if something on yours is different.

My system has been working well, even with Wi-Fi 6e.. I do make sure and have strong signals to my devices.

If you have not already, the testing would be easier if the Mesh node was not involved.

I don't suppose your ISP has provided any guidance, such as changing out your cable modem/Gateway?

New ROGer Array

This router is definitely a dumpster fire you should see its behavior with smart home devices, disconnects them every minute or so.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array RedSector73 PC Specs
    RedSector73 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)FA506IU-AL130T x 2
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    Memory (part number)4 x G.SKILL F4-3800C14D-16GTZN 14-16-16-36 Samsung B-Die
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WaterForce (GV-N208TAORUSX W-11GC)
    Sound CardArctis DAC
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB
    Storage #22 x Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster Liquid Pro Master 360
    CaseEVGA DG-87 Gunmetal Grey Gaming Case
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold Power
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse
    Headset ARCTIS Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Cooler Master MP750 RGB Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad Extra Large
    OS Windows 11 64bit Pro
    Network RouterPfSence Intel i5-10210U 6 Port
    Accessory #1 TP-Link Gigabit 8&6 Port Switches

Quote Originally Posted by jeffsw6 View Post
    Recently, I purchased a GT-AXE11000 router (new from amazon) plus a used RT-AC88U to use as a mesh node.
    Could try using AsusWRT Merlin firmware on both and see if you can get a better result. https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/

The AX1000 recently was added to the firmware (so might have few kinks, merlin is magical through)
    and the RT-AC88U been using so long on Merlin firmware (from launch till retired the router this year), forgotten what Asus firmware might even look like (tongue n cheek - they appear the same just one works and has options to make work the way you need).

And if this does not work out SNBforum support is amazing and you can always go back ASUS std. firmware anytime (you want broken firmware back).
    https://www.snbforums.com/

Only reason I even bought ASUS router was becuase ASUS build good routers and I was aware of Merlin firmware & support. This year I moved to using PFsence but wow what a steep learning curve that was to get working the way I wanted.

Anyway, you might find Merlin firmware a solid solution, I have in the past.
    Last edited by RedSector73; 08-26-2021 at 01:51 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2