ROG Guru: White Belt Array

ROG Crosshair VIII Bios 3601 very Laggy

Hello,

At first the bios worked flawlessly, but for a few days now I've had extreme lags in the bios. 1 frame per minute. I try to disable C States, changed USB Ports, replaced, disconnect all... but nothing works. If i replug the receiver from the mouse, it works at first time without issues after a few minutes it ebegins lags aggain.

I own a 5950x and the latest Bios Bios 3601 Agesa 1.2.0.3a but noticed today MSI is releasing 1.2.0.3b.

Has anyone the same Issue?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by einsindrei View Post
    Hello,

At first the bios worked flawlessly, but for a few days now I've had extreme lags in the bios. 1 frame per minute. I try to disable C States, changed USB Ports, replaced, disconnect all... but nothing works. If i replug the receiver from the mouse, it works at first time without issues after a few minutes it ebegins lags aggain.

I own a 5950x and the latest Bios Bios 3601 Agesa 1.2.0.3a but noticed today MSI is releasing 1.2.0.3b.

I had almost the exact issue in the days soon after the 3950x launched on my Crosshair Hero VIII - it wasn't just limited to the BIOS though, it continued into Windows or sporadically popped up after a while. I wish i could tell you what fixed it.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Hello,

Hello,

Post moved to ROG Care.

Reset the UEFI via the rear IO button and then cycle the AC by turning off at the mains.

If no change please state which mouse you are using, and if available try an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ROG View Post
    Hello,

Post moved to ROG Care.

Reset the UEFI via the rear IO button and then cycle the AC by turning off at the mains.

If no change please state which mouse you are using, and if available try an alternative.
    I reset them, i tried the previous bios, disconnect al, tried with 1 Ram Stick. at the first moment it works, then after 1 or 2 minute staying in the Bios, it begins to lags

ROG Enthusiast Array

I reset them, i tried the previous bios, disconnect al, tried with 1 Ram Stick. at the first moment it works, then after 1 or 2 minute staying in the Bios, it begins to lags
    This exact thing happened to me. It turned out to be a USB hub that didn't like being in BIOS for some reason. Disconnect all USB except for keyboard and mouse and see if it goes away.

Moderator Array

@ einsindrei
    Good day, could you try to downgrade bios version to previous? If symptom is still there. please let me know , thank you.
    I am not sure what's your full name of motherboard, because we have impact/dark hero /impact/hero/formula/hero(Wifi).
    Or you can pm me your serial number, I can provide download link for you. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvez@asus View Post
    @ einsindrei
    Good day, could you try to downgrade bios version to previous? If symptom is still there. please let me know , thank you.
    I am not sure what's your full name of motherboard, because we have impact/dark hero /impact/hero/formula/hero(Wifi).
    Or you can pm me your serial number, I can provide download link for you. Thank you.
    Downgrading doesn't fix it I get the laggy bugs since 3601, tried to clear cmos, removed battery, nothing helps, rolled back to older bios won't works.

Wrote you a PM Thanks
    Last edited by einsindrei; 07-02-2021 at 10:26 AM.