Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[INFORMATION] Windows 11 : Get Ready

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

Get Ready

Check for compatibility

Use the PC Health Check to see if your PC can run Windows 11.

DOWNLOAD PC HEALTH CHECK APP

Minimum system requirements

Processor : 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC).
Memory : 4 gigabyte (GB) RAM.
Storage : 64 GB or larger storage device.
System firmware : UEFI, Secure Boot capable.
TPM : Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0.
Graphics card : Compatible with DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver.
Display Resolution : High definition (720p) display that is greater than 9� diagonally, 8 bits per color channel.
Internet connection : Microsoft account and internet connectivity required for setup for Windows 11 Home.

Your device must be running Windows 10, version 2004 or later, to upgrade. Free updates are available through Windows Update in Settings>Update and Security.

Certain features require specific hardware. System requirements to run some apps will exceed the Windows 11 minimum device specifications. Check device compatibility information specific to the apps you want to install.
Available storage on your device will vary based on installed apps and updates. Performance will scale with higher end, more capable PCs. Additional requirements may apply over time and for updates.
Source : How to Get Windows 11 for Your Compatible PC

Windows 11 Supported Processors

AMD : Windows processor requirements Windows 11 supported AMD processors
Intel
: Windows processor requirements Windows 11 supported Intel processors
Source : Windows Processor Requirements

Windows 11 Supported ASUS Motherboards

AMD : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx series chipsets & AMD TRX40 chipset or more recent.
Intel : ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME motherboards with Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx series chipsets or more recent.
Source : ASUS Motherboards Ready for Windows 11

BIOS settings to meets the system requirements to run Windows 11 :

Start/Restart your PC then press Del when the ROG/TUF/PRIME logo appears to enter in your BIOS

Press F7 to switch in Advanced Mode

UEFI

Boot tab > CSM > Launch CSM : Disabled
Secure Boot

Boot tab > Secure Boot > OS Type : Windows UEFI Mode
TPM 2.0

AMD fTPM : Advanced tab > AMD fTPM configuration > TPM Device Selection : Firmware TPM or AMD fTPM : Enabled > OK

Intel PTT
: Advanced tab > PCH-FW Configuration > TPM Device Selection : Firmware TPM or PTT : Enable > OK
Press F10 to Save & Exit

Notes

- If your BIOS is up to date, some settings are already enabled.
- The tree structure or the naming of the settings may be different depending on the BIOS generation & range of your ASUS motherboard.
122 REPLIES 122

restsugavan
Level 13

Next week Insider Preview user will get new build successor 21996.1
W11CANARY 26085.1 Core i9 7980XE 02007006 MCE ME 11.12.95.2499 R6E OFFICIAL BIOS 3801 SAMSUNG OG9 FW 1019.0 SSD 970 EVO PLUS 1 TB x 3 NVIDIA RTX 4090 GAME READY 551.86 64GB GSKILL DDR4 3200MHz JBL 9.1 Sound Bar DTS-X

xeromist
Microsoft wrote:
Internet connection : Microsoft account and internet connectivity required for setup for Windows 11 Home

Shove it, Microsoft! No legitimate reason to require an Internet account to install an operating system.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Shove it, Microsoft! No legitimate reason to require an Internet account to install an operating system.

They Want your Private Info Most Likely Like All of Them

RedSector73
Level 12
I doubt TPM will be required once launched, typically only on laptops and business pc's use them.

Hi everyone,

The list of Windows 11 Supported Processors (AMD & Intel) according to Microsoft was added to the thread.

RedSector73 wrote:
I doubt TPM will be required once launched, typically only on laptops and business pc's use them.

restsugavan wrote:
Final release of W11 will disabled this check.

Due it was on delevopment period secure must be first priority.

If you're Windows Insider member.
This section will be bypass checking.

Hi,

Final release will require the same requirements :

While we recommend that all PCs meet the full hardware requirements for Windows 11, we are allowing some limited exceptions as we apply these new restrictions. All Windows Insiders who have already been installing builds from the Dev Channel on their PCs up through June 24, 2021 will be allowed to continue installing Windows 11 Insider Preview builds even if their PC does not meet the minimum hardware requirements. Insiders with PCs already in the Dev Channel have been installing and giving feedback on builds with Windows 11 features since last year. Our way of saying thanks is to go ahead and give them the opportunity to see everything come together. However, this comes with some important tradeoffs we want to call attention to:

- Because these devices do not meet the new hardware requirements, there may be issues and bugs that impact the experience of Windows 11 on these PCs that may not get fixed.

- If at any point something goes wrong on one of these PCs that requires having to go back to Windows 10, you can use the media creation tool here to go back to the Windows 10. These PCs will not be given another exception and not allowed to upgrade to Windows 11 Insider Preview builds again. They will be treated as a new PC and the minimum hardware requirements will be enforced as highlighted above.

- Once Windows 11 is generally available, these PCs will be opted out of flighting and will not be able to receive future Windows 11 Insider Preview builds. These PCs must clean install back to Windows 10 with the media (ISOs) that we provide and can then join the Release Preview Channel to preview Windows 10 updates.

Source : https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2021/06/24/preparing-for-insider-preview-builds-of-windows...

RedSector73 wrote:

And why does ASUS motherboards NOT come with TPM module installed. This is BS! I just bought the Hero XIII z590 a high end board and guess what NO TPM module. It must be bought separately. MSI and GIGASBYTE boards have TPM module installed, but not ASUS. All my Hero boards (got VIII -X and XI) and Z87 pro have NO TPM module.
Come on ASUS this is just so stupid. You have to do something about it and send a module to all your customers .If not, you will alien a lot of people in the future. I am going to buy GIGABYTE in the future, that's for sure

emsir wrote:
And why do ASUS motherboards NOT come with a TPM module installed. This is BS! I just bought the Hero XIII z590 a high-end board and guess what NO TPM module. It must be bought separately. MSI and GIGABYTE boards have TPM modules installed, but not ASUS. All my Hero boards (got VIII -X and XI) and Z87 pro have NO TPM module.
Come on ASUS this is just so stupid. You have to do something about it and send a module to all your customers. If not, you will alienate a lot of people in the future. I am going to buy GIGABYTE in the future, that's for sure

Same situation here...the more I am exposed to ASUS, the more I find you suck! I just built this machine in the past three months...no TPM WTF.

emsir wrote:
And why does ASUS motherboards NOT come with TPM module installed. This is BS! I just bought the Hero XIII z590 a high end board and guess what NO TPM module. It must be bought separately.
emsir wrote:
No they don't.....The pc health app says you can't install windows 11 despite what you say . You must buy a TPM module.

Gorio1961 wrote:
Same situation here...the more I am exposed to ASUS, the more I find you suck! I just built this machine in the past three months...no TPM WTF.

Hi,

If your CPU is one of the Windows 11 Supported Processors (look in first post of this thread), you don't need TPM 2.0 module, follow the process at the end of the first post of this thread to enable Full UEFI, Secure Boot and your TPM 2.0 firmware.

I'm in with M12E board.