Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by sunny474 View Post
    I have a z170 pro gaming mobo aswell with bios 3805 along with an i7 6700k. Go into the bios-> advanced mode-> advanced tab-> PCH-FW configuration. You can either select discrete TPM ( which is no TPM) or Firmware TPM (which is TPM 2.0 as far as i can tell). I highly suggest tho to not change it to firmware TPM until its really necessary since this feature does something with encryptions like bitlocker etc.
    Thank you! I have exactly the same motherboard and CPU, and that did the trick.

ROG Member Array etacarinae PC Specs
    etacarinae PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Razer Blade 15 Advanced / RZ09-02386E91
    MotherboardAsus ROG RVIEE / Bios 0070
    ProcessorIntel I9 10980xe
    Memory (part number)128GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3000MHz C14 / F4-3000C14Q2-128GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Evga RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
    Monitor3*Asus PG279Q
    Storage #1Intel Optane 905p 1.5TB HH
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Mouse Razer Mamba Elite
    Headset/Speakers KEF LS50
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterASUS GT-AX11000

Hilarious that the more expensive ROG boards miss out lol.
    Intel Core i9 10980XE | ASUS RAMPAGE VI EXTREME ENCORE | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 128GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3000MHz C14
    Intel Optane 905P 1.5TB HH PCIe | 2*4TB Samsung EVO 860 | 8TB Sabrent Rocket Q NVMe | 4*14TB Seagate Ironwolf Pro
    Corsair AX1600i | EK-AIO 360 D-RGB | Phanteks Enthoo Elite Satin Black | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | 3*ASUS PG279Q
    Razer Mamba Elite | Razer Huntsman Elite / RAMA u80-A Lake

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by sunny474 View Post
    I have a z170 pro gaming mobo aswell with bios 3805 along with an i7 6700k. Go into the bios-> advanced mode-> advanced tab-> PCH-FW configuration. You can either select discrete TPM ( which is no TPM) or Firmware TPM (which is TPM 2.0 as far as i can tell). I highly suggest tho to not change it to firmware TPM until its really necessary since this feature does something with encryptions like bitlocker etc.
    Hey, I have the same MB (Z170 PRO GAMING) and same CPU (i7-6700K) and same bios version (3805) but I have no option "PCH-FW Configuration"

here is screenshot from BIOS screen advanced mode-> advanced tab

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-07-03 000508.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	122.0 KB 
ID:	89228

There is "PCH Configuration" and "PCH Storage Configuration" but there is no such option into these menus.

ROG Member Array

For those with asus z170 boards, you don´t have to buy an external TPM module. Asus is lying. The option is disabled and hide by Asus, but you can enable it, see this post, coment #12 and #32:

https://www.win-raid.com/t9091f2705-...therboard.html

Works perfectly on my Asus Maximus VIII Hero. Now I have intel PPT enabled with TPM 2.0 with just a command.

PD: Asus, very bad done.

New ROGer Array

TPM for Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

Quote Originally Posted by [SIZE=2
    jlmcr87;837811]For those with asus z170 boards, you don´t have to buy an external TPM module. Asus is lying. The option is disabled and hide by Asus, but you can enable it, see this post, coment #12 and #32:
    https://www.win-raid.com/t9091f2705-...therboard.html
    Works perfectly on my Asus Maximus VIII Hero. Now I have intel PPT enabled with TPM 2.0 with just a command.
    PD: Asus, very bad done.
    [/SIZE]
    I am new here and very interested by the topic. In my opinion "jlmcr87" your affirmation is not quite right.
    Step 1) When activating TPM in your UEFI means your Computer is ready to face the new Windows 11...
    Step 2) And here we have to check in the motherbord if there is something plugged or not into the TPM connector.
    After checking that point I confirm there is nothing plugged in my TPM connector (14-1 pin)...
    Sincerely // Andre_T

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Andre_T View Post
    I am new here and very interested by the topic. In my opinion "jlmcr87" your affirmation is not quite right.
    Step 1) When activating TPM in your UEFI means your Computer is ready to face the new Windows 11...
    Step 2) And here we have to check in the motherbord if there is something plugged or not into the TPM connector.
    After checking that point I confirm there is nothing plugged in my TPM connector (14-1 pin)...
    Sincerely // Andre_T
    You don´t need to connect or plug and external TPM, what I say is that it´s integrated into the chipset, and you can enable it just following that post instructions with a command line.

Asus should release a bios update for older motherboards to un-hide or enable the TPM by default.

ROG Enthusiast Array BJBBJB PC Specs
    BJBBJB PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VIII Hero
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-2666C15Q-32GRR
    Graphics Card #1GTX560
    Storage #1Samsung Pro 950 SSD
    Storage #2Multiple Seagate Barracuda Drives
    CaseAntec P182
    Power SupplyEnermax Modu 82
    Mouse Logitech MX Master Wireless
    Headset/Speakers Logitech 5.1
    OS Windows 10

I am trying to figure this out. I've got the regular Maximus Hero VIII with a Skylake i7. From what I read Skylake does not have the full TPM 2.0 implementation.
    However does the Maximus VIII either have TPM or can you add? And also, does it support a CPU that does have full TPM 2.0?
    Thanks,
    BJB

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by BJBBJB View Post
    I am trying to figure this out. I've got the regular Maximus Hero VIII with a Skylake i7. From what I read Skylake does not have the full TPM 2.0 implementation.
    However does the Maximus VIII either have TPM or can you add? And also, does it support a CPU that does have full TPM 2.0?
    Thanks,
    BJB
    Yes you can enable TPM 2.0 with just a command line. You don´t need to buy anything. Just follow this thread:

Posts #12, #32 and #102 if you have any doubt:

https://www.win-raid.com/t9091f2705-...erboard-6.html

New ROGer Array

TPM for Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

Quote Originally Posted by jlmcr87 View Post
    You don´t need to connect or plug and external TPM, what I say is that it´s integrated into the chipset, and you can enable it just following that post instructions with a command line.
    Asus should release a bios update for older motherboards to un-hide or enable the TPM by default.

It seems jlmcr87 we are not understanding each other
    As previously stated I did step 1 and I activated TPM 2 for my Motherboard ( with bios 3805) = ok
    As there is nothing plugged into the TPM connector that means I will not be able to secure anything into the TPM device (which is probably a secured local memory) . I invite you to check your TPM connector and if empty try to find how to buy one...

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Andre_T View Post
    It seems jlmcr87 we are not understanding each other
    As previously stated I did step 1 and I activated TPM 2 for my Motherboard ( with bios 3805) = ok
    As there is nothing plugged into the TPM connector that means I will not be able to secure anything into the TPM device (which is probably a secured local memory) . I invite you to check your TPM connector and if empty try to find how to buy one...
    Sorry but I don´t understand what do you mean with "that means I will not be able to secure anything into the TPM device"

Of course, I don´t have anything connected to my TPM connector, but it is not necesary, because we have intel PPT:

"Computers with Intel PTT dont require a dedicated processor or memory. Instead they rely on secure access to the systems host processor and memory to perform low-level system authentication and verification."

Do you mean it´s not a hardware TPM?
    Last edited by jlmcr87; 07-08-2021 at 06:01 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast