cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Strix B550-F Gaming(Wi-Fi) Windows 10 installation Driver Issue

Alibertos
Level 7
Hi to all, that is the problem:

immediately after selecting the language, the windows 10 installation procedure asks for drivers and i cannot go on. I tried to use the ones on the CD supplied with the main board and I also downloaded the updated ones from the official Asus website, but none of the ones i downloaded is what windows 10 asks me.
I have updated the bios to the latest version.
The Windows ver i am installing is 21H1 x64.
I also tried to change the video card, but the result is the same.
I disabled the wireless network card, the Eth card, the sound card and the bluetooth from the bios, but the problem persists.

Can you tell me what to do?
Thanks in advance for the answers.
1 REPLY 1

raceyquad
Level 7
Are you installing Windows10 on a clean M.2 NVMe drive?

If so, you would get the message of no driver found.

Follow the steps and pay attention to when you insert installation media.

1. power on and enter bios without install disk/USB.
2. enter advanced mode and turn off CSM.
3. under boot menu, select "other OS" not Windows UEFI boot.
4. wipe all security keys from the UEFI keystore
5. insert installation media.
6. save changes and restart, booting imediately into bios
7. change boot type to "secure boot with options" or "UEFI boot with options" (I can't remember exactly how it is worded) but NOT Windows UEFI boot.
8. copy all security/UEFI keys to root of boot drive.
9. save changes and restart booting to the installation media.

choose your install options, no driver messages this time.:cool:
Windows has it's own driver for M.2 NVMe, but won't use them unless these steps are followed to trigger the installer to use it on ROG, TUF, ASUS B550 motherboards. maybe other b550's

Let's finish the install....
Windows will start installing and you want the first restart to boot into bios, again. (your third time booting into bios)

10. from boot tab, you can set to "Windows UEFI boot", save changes and restart to finish the installation.

;);)When install finishes you will have secure boot with Windows UEFI partition, OS partition, and recovery partition.;);)
tip: when using an iso, the USB can be formatted to FAT or NTFS. It is an interwebz myth that only FAT can be used.

Hope this saves a few headaches.

RmR