cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rog z490-e gaming and f4-3866c18d-32gtzr

higginss
Level 7
Trying to get this memory (f4-3866c18d-32gtzr) to run at something other than 2133, the 3866 would be optimal. I found it on the supported memory list on the Asus site for the board.

But on the G.Skill website it doesn't list the board on the QVL for the memory

The board recognizes the memory timings spec'd on the memory if I set it to XMP I or II but the board won't boot that way and eventually comings up in 'safe mode' and prompts me to enter the BIOS.

Any thought's or suggestions on how to get this memory to run as spec'd or which list should I follow to determine compatibility, I've built dozens of computers in my day but I've never had this issue before.
2 REPLIES 2

RedSector73
Level 12
Make sure you have the RAM in the correct slots. Should be covered in the manual.
Make sure you have both E ATX connectors plugged in (top left of the motherboard above CPU). This can cause cold boot issues with DOCP if both are not connected.

For RAM, there are normally three lists of QVL. One by manufacturer of the RAM, One by motherboard vendors, and One by CPU manufacturer. Being on all three is wonderful, 2 is good and one is better than nothing.

Hope you find this helpful.

Other than that, if the XMP doesn't work, you will have to manually configure the random access memory modules to achieve that speed.