cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AXE11000 Emitting "SP Red Test Only" SSID

TechGuy42
Level 9
From what I can find searching online, there is no record of it related to this router. I can confirm the signal is coming from this router because as soon as I turn it off, the signal disappears. It is an closed network that says "Tap to sign up," oddly only seen by my android... however I suspect other devices are seeing it a "Hidden Network." For what its worth: I have the wifi 6 radio turned off since theres no devices I own that can utilize it, yet. Considering the signal does not disappear whether or not I have wifi 6 radio enabled or disabled, I feel like something is wrong and one of my radios isnt being utilized properly.

I have tried factory resetting to troubleshoot as well but no fix. Working with support now, meanwhile I'm curious if anyone has this router and could confirm you have the signal as well?
10 REPLIES 10

Saltgrass
Level 13
I have the Router and keep the 6 Ghz radio on but keep it secured with the WPA-3. I do not know what that SSID is but it does show as one of your networks? You can sign into it? In my area, I do see things like Hidden or FBI or whatever some joker comes up with.. Is the signal as strong as your other networks?

My 6 Ghz radio does not show as an available network because I have not enabled it on the computer. You can hide just the SSIDs on the Router so others cannot see it.

I just got a new Firmware update (6/25). This one is different because it requested I reboot the Router manually. I will keep an eye out for that SSID.

I do now show a Hidden network with the same description I was getting on the 6 Ghz on another system which has that radio enabled.

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
You can sign into it? ... Is the signal as strong as your other networks?

I cannot sign into it and yes the signal is just as strong

wilsondenq
Level 10
TechGuy42 wrote:
From what I can find searching online, there is no record of it related to this router. I can confirm the signal is coming from this router because as soon as I turn it off, the signal disappears. It is an closed network that says "Tap to sign up," oddly only seen by my android... however I suspect other devices are seeing it a "Hidden Network." For what its worth: I have the wifi 6 radio turned off since theres no devices I own that can utilize it, yet. Considering the signal does not disappear whether or not I have wifi 6 radio enabled or disabled, I feel like something is wrong and one of my radios isnt being utilized properly.

I have tried factory resetting to troubleshoot as well but no fix. Working with support now, meanwhile I'm curious if anyone has this router and could confirm you have the signal as well?

This is hotspot 2.0
do you enable WiFi Agile Multiband?

wilsondenq wrote:
This is hotspot 2.0
do you enable WiFi Agile Multiband?

I had no idea these routers supported hotspot 2.0, how do I disable this?

WiFi Agile Mutliband is disabled for wifi 6 (possibly because i currently have that radio turned off until I have use for 6GHz wifi) but it is enabled for wifi 5 & 2.4

TechGuy42 wrote:
I had no idea these routers supported hotspot 2.0, how do I disable this?

WiFi Agile Mutliband is disabled for wifi 6 (possibly because i currently have that radio turned off until I have use for 6GHz wifi) but it is enabled for wifi 5 & 2.4

please disable multi align band on both 2/5GHz
try it

wilsondenq wrote:
please disable multi align band on both 2/5GHz
try it

That seems to have eliminated the SSID, thank you!

Edit: however I am noticing significant degradation in signal strength for many devices

TechGuy42 wrote:
That seems to have eliminated the SSID, thank you!

Edit: however I am noticing significant degradation in signal strength for many devices

Make sure update to this ver https://rog.asus.com/networking/rog-rapture-gt-axe11000-model/helpdesk_bios

wilsondenq wrote:
Make sure update to this ver https://rog.asus.com/networking/rog-rapture-gt-axe11000-model/helpdesk_bios

Yes, thank you, I am currently running the latest build 3.0.0.4.386_43984 released 6/25/21 but since disabling wifi agile multiband I'm noticing much worse signal strength on my 5GHz devices

TechGuy42 wrote:
Yes, thank you, I am currently running the latest build 3.0.0.4.386_43984 released 6/25/21 but since disabling wifi agile multiband I'm noticing much worse signal strength on my 5GHz devices

Try to set a fixed channel