cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus 13 Hero new BIOS released (0902)

sl910
Level 7
Asus has officially released a new BIOS for the Maximus 13 Hero. The release notes are very very short:

ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO BIOS 0902
"Improve system stability and performance.

One can observe that the i9-11900K microcode has been updated (from 3c to 40)

Regards

sl91
9 REPLIES 9

berglake
Level 7
BIOS 0902 bricked my motherboard.
Nothing happens when i press power.

Good job Asus.

berglake wrote:
BIOS 0902 bricked my motherboard.
Nothing happens when i press power.

Good job Asus.

try the flashback trick?

Grimpak wrote:
try the flashback trick?

It worked.
Thank you!

Saltgrass
Level 13
@sl910, can we assume you actually updated your system?

@berglake, how did you do the Bios update?
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
@sl910, can we assume you actually updated your system?

@berglake, how did you do the Bios update?

@sl910, can we assume you actually updated your system? Yes of course ! No troubles. So far so good for me

sl910 wrote:
@sl910, can we assume you actually updated your system? Yes of course ! No troubles. So far so good for me

I have to say that something sounds strange for me. 0902 version is published as a regular version for the M13 hero MB. At the same time, the same version (0902) is published as a beta version for the Maximus 13 Extreme.

Regards

sl910

Saltgrass
Level 13
I just did mine with the Bios flashback mode.. Everything seems to be operating normally. One thing I did not expect was seeing the 4 red LEDs on my video card flashing..

What I learned and settings are just the result of going back to default settings.

Use something with a small footprint to hold down the Bios button or you can't see when it starts flashing.

Thunderbolt was re-enabled.

Re-Size Bar was disabled

OS Type was set back to Other OS.. It appears they changed the reference to the CSM and possibly it is being referred to as Standard or Custom..

TMP setting was disabled.. Had to re-enable it under Advanced, PCH-FW PTT enabled. This might mess with folks running Win 11..
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Seth_Anton
Level 8
Installed 0902 bios with default settings except :

Ai overclock tuner : XMP I
Intel Adaptive boost technology : Enabled
ASUS Multicore Enhancement : Enabled - Remove All limits

Everything is fine, system is ultra stable and i am reaching 5.1ghz at all cores on Cinebench R23 ( multi core stress)
But while i was playing Microsoft Flight Simulator i was checking VCORE values which sometimes have a spike to 1.47v with a main value between 1.35 to 1.43v
Is this normal for 11900K? V-core is at default offset mode
thanks
Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

kubr0
Level 7
Hi all,

I flashed my Maximus XIII Hero with the v0902 BIOS, from the base version from 6th of January 2021. I flashed the image from C:/ directly through the BIOS EZ Flash option, it ran thorugh, restarted a few times since it was flashing some other FWs, and then, it loaded the American megatrends screen asking me to press F1 for some auto-setup tool (probs because it reverted back to BIOS defaults) and on the very last paragraph it was saying something along the lines - standby, you're now going to be forwarded to the UEFI settings. I was pressing F1, nothing was happening, pressed F2, nothing, left it standing like that for 15minutes, smoked like 4 cigarettes during that time, nothing has happened. Had to manually shut down the PC and start it again, afterwards, everything was working like a charm.

Very stressful though as it stopped at the American megatrends screen :'( Cigarettes helped a bit 😄