cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Devices missing in Aura Creator but all are visible in Armoury Crate

Noova
Level 7
Hello,

I have a problem with Aura Creator not showing all my devices in sync list. What is very weird all devices are shown in the same list in Armoury Crate. I have updated, reinstalled both aura creator and armoury crate. I have tried Armoury Crate Uninstall Tool V1.1.2.0 to uninstall everything and do a clean install. No effect. I'm at a loss. How to fix this?

HAL service version (from Armoury Crate)

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 4.1.6.0
ROG Live Service 1.2.12.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.06
Armoury Crate lite service 4.1.5
ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.31
ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.1.0.6
ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.1.7.0
AacVGA 0.0.3.7
KingstonDram 1.1.6
AURA DRAM Component 1.1.08
ENE RGB HAL 1.1.31.3
PHISON HAL 1.0.6.0
Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.9.1
Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.6.3
Universal Holtek RGB DRAM 1.0.0.1
WD_BLACK AN1500 1.0.12.0

HAL service version (from Aura Creator)

Devices in Armoury Crate:

Devices in Aura Creator:
10 REPLIES 10

Noova
Level 7
I opened Aura Creator today and I was prompted to update the app. When the update has finished, application restarted and missing devices magically appeared on the list. :o. I'm so happy 😄

Thread can be closed.

Got the same problem again. I was forced to reinstall Armoury crate because lighting service stopped working and failed to run again. System restarts didn't help. Doing reinstall of Armoury crate didn't help either. I had to use Armoury Crate Uninstall Tool an then reinstall Armoury crate. Lighting service now runs again, but aura creator does not detect LED strips and RAM.

Noova wrote:
Got the same problem again. I was forced to reinstall Armoury crate because lighting service stopped working and failed to run again. System restarts didn't help. Doing reinstall of Armoury crate didn't help either. I had to use Armoury Crate Uninstall Tool an then reinstall Armoury crate. Lighting service now runs again, but aura creator does not detect LED strips and RAM.

Problems like that can be very frustrating. I know. So aura creator was reinstalled too, correct? There are a few things I do to kick it in the butt sometimes and might be worth a try.

Close armory apps if open. Go to windows task scheduler and find asus folder and find armourysocketserver.exe. End the task. Restart the task. Try your apps again. If no good, try repairing and *resetting the armoury crate app and aura creator app and Microsoft store app and rebooting. Before launching Armoury apps check Microsoft store for updates. Update all. Then try your apps.

Restarting Armoury Crate services didn't resolve anything. I've reinstalled Aura Creator and RAM got detected. The only thing that is missing in Aura Creator are LED strips. I don't know how to get it to work.

I don't know if it helps with anything, but I have a screenshots of an Aura Creator update section:

First shows today's status with LED strips missing:

Second one is a screenshot taken on 1 July 2021 when everything worked fine:

What else can I do to make Aura Creator detect LED Strips?

Noova wrote:
Restarting Armoury Crate services didn't resolve anything. I've reinstalled Aura Creator and RAM got detected. The only thing that is missing in Aura Creator are LED strips. I don't know how to get it to work.

I don't know if it helps with anything, but I have a screenshots of an Aura Creator update section:

First shows today's status with LED strips missing:

Second one is a screenshot taken on 1 July 2021 when everything worked fine:

What else can I do to make Aura Creator detect LED Strips?

I just duplicated this problem on my system. It can be fixed by resetting Armoury Crate in settings and apps. You might need to do it a couple of times.

Jimbo93 wrote:
I just duplicated this problem on my system. It can be fixed by resetting Armoury Crate in settings and apps. You might need to do it a couple of times.

I don't know what you duplicated, but it definitely was not the problem I'm experiencing. Your solution does not work. How would you duplicate a problem which there is no known cause? I appreciate the effort, but it's not helpful.

Noova wrote:
I don't know what you duplicated, but it definitely was not the problem I'm experiencing. Your solution does not work. How would you duplicate a problem which there is no known cause? I appreciate the effort, but it's not helpful.

Maybe duplicated is not the best description. But I did observe the same behavior of the software. The ARGB LED Strip showing in crate but not creator. I'll stop trying to help now.

Aura Creator only detects my ROG Falchion after install. once I restart the PC only Armoury Crate detects it. Had to reinstall both to be able to use Aura Creator again. I've done this a couple of times. I've decided to do 1 complete profile and leave it like that. Next time I decide to edit the profile I'll have to reinstall everything again, ridiculous.

A couple of reinstalls later, some dabbling with Armoury Crate Uninstall Tool V1.1.8.0, Revo Uninstaller and installing old Aura Lighting Control (1.07.79_V2.2) with varying results (I encountered different combinations of detected devices, but no LED strips in Aura Creator), I ended up in the exact same place I started - everything was detected in Armoury Crate, but no addressable LED strips in Aura Creator. I was about to give up, but today's evening turned up to be different. Today I was welcomed with popup about an update of Aura Creator being available. After the update was completed, the LED Strip was finally detected. Great 😄