ROG Enthusiast Array nbtc971 PC Specs
    nbtc971 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VII Hero
    Processori7-4790K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance® Pro Series — 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 DRAM 2400MHz
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1070
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG278QR
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Pro Series Internal SATA III 512GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H100i
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series 450D
    Power SupplyCorsair ATX AX860i 860 Watt
    Mouse Corsair M65
    Headset Steelseries Siberia 800
    OS Windows 10 64-bit

Alternative to Armoury Crate?

So sick of the bloatware, broken software known as Armoury Crate. Does anyone know of an alternative that doesn't install WAY too many services and other garbage on your system, oh, and actually works? My entire system and peripherals are ROG, Monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc. I have been ROG since it started, but this will be my last Asus build due to their software. Any alternative to AC, or if anyone knows if software in development that I could follow, please let me know.

ROG Junior Member Array

I hear ya, pretty sure this is my last asus build as-well.
    changed my peripherals to logitech, its not perfect but its much better than asus.
    i hate that a lot of features are "locked" behind really lame software - i have asus ryujin 360 and i cant control the fan curve nor the smaller fan .
    annoying.

New ROGer Array

same boat

Quote Originally Posted by Idan345 View Post
    I hear ya, pretty sure this is my last asus build as-well.
    changed my peripherals to logitech, its not perfect but its much better than asus.
    i hate that a lot of features are "locked" behind really lame software - i have asus ryujin 360 and i cant control the fan curve nor the smaller fan .
    annoying.
    newest up date ****ed me cant control my MOBO and does not see my ryujin 360 at all have to use bios to control pump and fans NO RGB SMH

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Corsair products. Get rid of ASUS peripherals. There are plugins to control ASUS MOBOs and GPUS, just wont control addressable headers on MOBO. Aura and Crate have never worked from day one. Great concept, pi$$ poor execution.

Just need to download lighting service 1.07.79 and install it but dont launch it. If I que is up and running shut it down first. All you need is the lighting service running in services. Then the Ique plug in will take care of the rest. Works perfectly. I currently have mine set to static all whie. I hate the default unicorn vomit.
    Tossed my core keyboard that never synched correctly as well as spatha mouse and bought corsair K100 and Dark core pro RGB mouse that actually last on battery wireless for several days or you can use USB. Way better. Mouse pads etc all corsair and all RGB work and synch perfectly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ique.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	587.1 KB 
ID:	89150

Name:	ique mobo.png 
Size:	139.1 KB 
ID:	89151
    Last edited by BigJohnny; 06-28-2021 at 03:10 AM.

corsair rules.

Name:	rig.jpg 
Size:	350.6 KB 
ID:	89152

New ROGer Array

Last Asus Build

This is my last Asus build as well. I can't deal with the dysfunctional armoury crate.

Can't control my RYUJIN fan. So it's annoyingly loud. Asus support hasn't been useful at all.

I haven't been able to install Armoury Crate properly since I upgraded to resizeable bar with my 3090 FE and motherboard. (And it barely worked before)

ROG Enthusiast Array nbtc971 PC Specs
    nbtc971 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VII Hero
    Processori7-4790K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance® Pro Series — 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 DRAM 2400MHz
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1070
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG278QR
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Pro Series Internal SATA III 512GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H100i
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series 450D
    Power SupplyCorsair ATX AX860i 860 Watt
    Mouse Corsair M65
    Headset Steelseries Siberia 800
    OS Windows 10 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by BigJohnny View Post
    Corsair products. Get rid of ASUS peripherals. There are plugins to control ASUS MOBOs and GPUS, just wont control addressable headers on MOBO. Aura and Crate have never worked from day one. Great concept, pi$$ poor execution.
    Thanks, I'll look into it.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Super Gnome PC Specs
    Super Gnome PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega / ROG Crosshair VIII Formula
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-9980XE / AMD 3950x
    Memory (part number)Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 2666MHz 128 GB / Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4-3200 32GB DDR4 3200MH
    Graphics Card #1Asus 2080 Turbo / Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    Graphics Card #2Asus 2080 Turbo / Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    MonitorJAPANNEXT JN-VT500UHD 4K 50-inch LCD
    Storage #1Crucial MX500 1 TB / Sabient SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-500
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / ADATA XPG SX5500 Pro 3D NAND NVMe Gen3x4 PCIe M.2
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360 / ROG Ryujin 360
    CaseThermaltake View 71 TG / Thermaltake View 31
    Power SupplyCORSAIR AXi Series, AX1600i 1600 watt / Thermaltake Toughpower iRGB 1200 watt
    Accessory #1 Noctua 140mm 3000 RPM x 4 / Noctua 140 mm 3000 RPM x 2
    Accessory #2 Gigabyte GC-A 2WAY NVLINK RGB (3-slot) / ROG NVLINK Bridge 3-Slot A

Quote Originally Posted by JDGroove View Post
    This is my last Asus build as well. I can't deal with the dysfunctional armoury crate.

Can't control my RYUJIN fan. So it's annoyingly loud. Asus support hasn't been useful at all.

I haven't been able to install Armoury Crate properly since I upgraded to resizeable bar with my 3090 FE and motherboard. (And it barely worked before)

In all honestly, the Ryujin 360 is a ridiculously underrated AIO simply because the hardware is first rate. The fact that it has three first rate fans alone makes it better than most other AIOs. Second, it has a fan that moves air at the socket and near the VRM etc, which makes it a step above all other AIOs.

What you need to do (seriously) to get the fan speeds right is this:

1. Uninstall all Asus bloatware like Armoury Crate, Aura, Live Dash, etc.
    2. Go to Windows Settings and then Update & Security and go to Recovery. Then go to Reset the PC and proceed to reinstall Windows after backing up what may be removed.
    3. Go into the Bios under "Monitor" and set up your fans to your liking.

It is easy as pie. I have two Ryujins in two computers and they work like a charm. I have removed all Asus bloatware in three Asus computers following the above and have never been happier long running.

Nobody needs any of the Asus bloatware garbage like Armoury Crate, Aura, Live Dash and the rest of that garbage (nor any substitutes). All of it may work well for a few months but over time it always becomes like a cancer to your system. The only sound way to get rid of it once and for all is by a reinstall of Windows as recommended above (and of course NEVER installing or reinstalling any Asus bloatware again).

Good luck to all.
    Last edited by Super Gnome; 07-05-2021 at 12:21 AM.