cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative to Armoury Crate?

nbtc971
Level 10
So sick of the bloatware, broken software known as Armoury Crate. Does anyone know of an alternative that doesn't install WAY too many services and other garbage on your system, oh, and actually works? My entire system and peripherals are ROG, Monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc. I have been ROG since it started, but this will be my last Asus build due to their software. Any alternative to AC, or if anyone knows if software in development that I could follow, please let me know.
25 REPLIES 25

Idan345
Level 8
I hear ya, pretty sure this is my last asus build as-well.
changed my peripherals to logitech, its not perfect but its much better than asus.
i hate that a lot of features are "locked" behind really lame software - i have asus ryujin 360 and i cant control the fan curve nor the smaller fan .
annoying.

Idan345 wrote:
I hear ya, pretty sure this is my last asus build as-well.
changed my peripherals to logitech, its not perfect but its much better than asus.
i hate that a lot of features are "locked" behind really lame software - i have asus ryujin 360 and i cant control the fan curve nor the smaller fan .
annoying.

newest up date ****ed me cant control my MOBO and does not see my ryujin 360 at all have to use bios to control pump and fans NO RGB SMH

BigJohnny
Level 13
Corsair products. Get rid of ASUS peripherals. There are plugins to control ASUS MOBOs and GPUS, just wont control addressable headers on MOBO. Aura and Crate have never worked from day one. Great concept, pi$$ poor execution.

BigJohnny wrote:
Corsair products. Get rid of ASUS peripherals. There are plugins to control ASUS MOBOs and GPUS, just wont control addressable headers on MOBO. Aura and Crate have never worked from day one. Great concept, pi$$ poor execution.

Thanks, I'll look into it.

BigJohnny
Level 13
Just need to download lighting service 1.07.79 and install it but dont launch it. If I que is up and running shut it down first. All you need is the lighting service running in services. Then the Ique plug in will take care of the rest. Works perfectly. I currently have mine set to static all whie. I hate the default unicorn vomit.
Tossed my core keyboard that never synched correctly as well as spatha mouse and bought corsair K100 and Dark core pro RGB mouse that actually last on battery wireless for several days or you can use USB. Way better. Mouse pads etc all corsair and all RGB work and synch perfectly.

I am disappointed that they moved FanXpert from the quick and easy AI Suite to Armoury Crate. Every time I click on a setting I have to wait 5 seconds and greeted with a loading screen.

BigJohnny wrote:
Just need to download lighting service 1.07.79 and install it but dont launch it. If I que is up and running shut it down first. All you need is the lighting service running in services. Then the Ique plug in will take care of the rest. Works perfectly. I currently have mine set to static all whie. I hate the default unicorn vomit.
Tossed my core keyboard that never synched correctly as well as spatha mouse and bought corsair K100 and Dark core pro RGB mouse that actually last on battery wireless for several days or you can use USB. Way better. Mouse pads etc all corsair and all RGB work and synch perfectly.

I can't recommend Corsair iCue due to it causing the CPU on every system I tried it on to run at the max frequency. Corsair will blame CPUID but other tools also report the higher CPU load and using a watt meter it also confirms what software shows, which is an increase of ~40-50w just from having iCue installed. Until they the frequency problem I suggest using https://openrgb.org/

May go this route myself. Have a SpathaX on the way, but might just get another Corsair Keyboard for this build. Wireless + Full-sized with G keys seems to be a niche idea, and not sure if I really wanna risk tossing on ArmouryCrate to program the Claymore II....  remove and stuff not stick.

How you make a "utility" that gives a 16 core beast machine regular conniptions is beyond me and obtuse. Just BAD!

If it wasn't for the motherboard, there would be no contemplations on my part lol

BigJohnny
Level 13
corsair rules.

This is my last Asus build as well. I can't deal with the dysfunctional armoury crate.

Can't control my RYUJIN fan. So it's annoyingly loud. Asus support hasn't been useful at all.

I haven't been able to install Armoury Crate properly since I upgraded to resizeable bar with my 3090 FE and motherboard. (And it barely worked before)