cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0902 Bios What's the difference besides code Update????

Zardoc
Level 10
I have installed latest 0902 bios with 0 performance difference.

All it did was set my settings back to default and update hardware firmware.

If it weren't for the new version number It wouldn't make a difference between night and day. :rolleyes:
7 REPLIES 7

Saltgrass
Level 13
You might check in the Secure boot settings, I think there were some changes with those.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
You might check in the Secure boot settings, I think there were some changes with those.

I haven't noticed anything but I might be wrong.

Performance wise, nothing. 😞

Saltgrass
Level 13
There was a setting with options of Standard or Customized. I had no idea what that meant unless it was referring to the CSM which used to be, and might still be, in another section.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
There was a setting with options of Standard or Customized. I had no idea what that meant unless it was referring to the CSM which used to be, and might still be, in another section.

That was there before the update. That's another confusing setting. 😞

BigJohnny
Level 13
Standard issue ASUS BIOS updates "Improves stability" and maybe aura FW update. They are not very explanatory on whats in any updates. Too much time invloved to type it in I guess.

kvarq
Level 11
Performance wise, Asus looks that is writing its bios stuff Friday afternoons, barely have time to upload it. Security stuff forced inside so probably 1-2% less performance each update.

bscool
Level 11
If using ABT this bios shows an increase in clocks under load. 51 all core under load and previous bios was 50. This bios has been out for a month or so(was released over on overclock.net) and I haven't noticed any issues.

Also the memory performance is better on the later bios than the initial bios, I have tested both z590 Hero and Apex and you get a good bump in copy speed with the later bios from 707 on. Even with all timings set manually there is a increase in performance.