cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AsUS GX701GXR WITH RTX 2080 maxQ stuck on PCIe x8

fcsoares43
Level 9
Hi there

My AsUS GX701GXR WITH RTX 2080 maxQ stuck on PCIe x8, after some update she doesn´t anymore go further than PCIe x8, before it was at x16 3.0 i have seen all softwares and the Motherboard in HWINFO64 says :

Motherboard Slots: 1xPCI Express x4, 1xPCI Express x8

where is the 1xPCI Express x16 it disapear ?????
4 REPLIES 4

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Hi,

Although I should probably know doesn't your notebook have a GPU switch in Armoury Crate and have you tried changing it?

If you're running in Optimus mode, guessing the Intel graphics may take up some of the PCIe bandwidth from the Nvidia graphics, so suggest checking your GPU switch if you are more concerned about performance than battery life.

cl-Albert@ROG wrote:
Hi,

Although I should probably know doesn't your notebook have a GPU switch in Armoury Crate and have you tried changing it?

If you're running in Optimus mode, guessing the Intel graphics may take up some of the PCIe bandwidth from the Nvidia graphics, so suggest checking your GPU switch if you are more concerned about performance than battery life.

No this is with the RTX 2080 MaxQ 8GB it only get in maximum power PCIE x8, the PCI x16 never been reached after some update, i see other machines like mine Asus GX701GXR and their are all like this so if does not a bios upgrade that damage this i don´t know, the only thing i can tell you is that when i receive an update something give way in the machine, when I do a recent clean install and appears the Keyboard Firmware Update Tool v 2.2.4 brick the keyboard and it stays like this, are reports of Asus other models tool that have suffering from this . I let were a picture for you to see, thanks

fcsoares43 wrote:
No this is with the RTX 2080 MaxQ 8GB it only get in maximum power PCIE x8, the PCI x16 never been reached after some update, i see other machines like mine Asus GX701GXR and their are all like this so if does not a bios upgrade that damage this i don´t know, the only thing i can tell you is that when i receive an update something give way in the machine, when I do a recent clean install and appears the Keyboard Firmware Update Tool v 2.2.4 brick the keyboard and it stays like this, are reports of Asus other models tool that have suffering from this . I let were a picture for you to see, thanks

Well Asus inform that some Asus Zephyrus S GX701, only uses 128 bit Bus instead of the 256 bit it´s a issue and they don´t know how to solve this ....

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
This may not really help, but I'm curious if your notebook has a GPU switch and if you can switch to Nvidia graphics and stop using the Intel Graphics.
I've seen some earlier models that support it include the GPU switch or setting in Armoury Crate, so would look there.

If you check your Nvidia Physx settings or device manager display properties, you should be able to see if the Intel Graphics is still being used or not.

Anyway, hoping this may help, but feel free to talk to more people about it of course.