ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array fcsoares43's Avatar

Exclamation AsUS GX701GXR WITH RTX 2080 maxQ stuck on PCIe x8

Hi there

My AsUS GX701GXR WITH RTX 2080 maxQ stuck on PCIe x8, after some update she doesn´t anymore go further than PCIe x8, before it was at x16 3.0 i have seen all softwares and the Motherboard in HWINFO64 says :

Motherboard Slots: 1xPCI Express x4, 1xPCI Express x8

where is the 1xPCI Express x16 it disapear ?????
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gpu_z.gif 
Views:	4 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	89139
    Last edited by fcsoares43; 06-27-2021 at 11:01 AM.

Super Moderator Array

Hi,

Although I should probably know doesn't your notebook have a GPU switch in Armoury Crate and have you tried changing it?

If you're running in Optimus mode, guessing the Intel graphics may take up some of the PCIe bandwidth from the Nvidia graphics, so suggest checking your GPU switch if you are more concerned about performance than battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by cl-Albert@ROG View Post
    Hi,

Although I should probably know doesn't your notebook have a GPU switch in Armoury Crate and have you tried changing it?

If you're running in Optimus mode, guessing the Intel graphics may take up some of the PCIe bandwidth from the Nvidia graphics, so suggest checking your GPU switch if you are more concerned about performance than battery life.
    No this is with the RTX 2080 MaxQ 8GB it only get in maximum power PCIE x8, the PCI x16 never been reached after some update, i see other machines like mine Asus GX701GXR and their are all like this so if does not a bios upgrade that damage this i don´t know, the only thing i can tell you is that when i receive an update something give way in the machine, when I do a recent clean install and appears the Keyboard Firmware Update Tool v 2.2.4 brick the keyboard and it stays like this, are reports of Asus other models tool that have suffering from this . I let were a picture for you to see, thanks

Name:	gx701.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	5.6 KB 
ID:	89186
    Last edited by fcsoares43; 06-29-2021 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fcsoares43 View Post
    No this is with the RTX 2080 MaxQ 8GB it only get in maximum power PCIE x8, the PCI x16 never been reached after some update, i see other machines like mine Asus GX701GXR and their are all like this so if does not a bios upgrade that damage this i don´t know, the only thing i can tell you is that when i receive an update something give way in the machine, when I do a recent clean install and appears the Keyboard Firmware Update Tool v 2.2.4 brick the keyboard and it stays like this, are reports of Asus other models tool that have suffering from this . I let were a picture for you to see, thanks

Name:	gx701.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	5.6 KB 
ID:	89186
    Well Asus inform that some Asus Zephyrus S GX701, only uses 128 bit Bus instead of the 256 bit it´s a issue and they don´t know how to solve this ....