cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith II Extreme Alpha - CPU Fan Error

PMokover
Level 7
Brand new build. Just turned it on for the first time. I got the following error message:

CPU Fan Error!
Press F1 to Run Setup

There are no details as to the nature of the fan error. I’m using a Corsair H115i Platinum liquid CPU cooler. The two fans on the radiator are spinning. The lights on the CPU pump are on. There seems to be warm air coming out of the radiator fans. BIOS says the CPU temperature is 43C so I assume the cooler is working.

All BIOS settings that I checked look OK but maybe I’m not looking in the right place.

Motherboard: ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha. CPU: AMD Threadripper 3970x.

I can’t get past this problem so I can’t even install Windows yet.

Any clues or suggestions appreciated!
2 REPLIES 2

Gus_Ghanem
Level 7
BIOS Settings, Monitor, CPU Fan Speed, Ignore... I have liquid cooling as well. You have to do this every time you reload BIOS defaults, or update your BIOS.

I checked your manual, your BIOS settings may be very different from mine (ASUS Z170-A).

Gus.Ghanem wrote:
BIOS Settings, Monitor, CPU Fan Speed, Ignore... I have liquid cooling as well. You have to do this every time you reload BIOS defaults, or update your BIOS. I checked your manual, your BIOS settings may be very different from mine (ASUS Z170-A).

Thanks for your reply. I had the CPU fan "tachometer" cable connected to the wrong header on the motherboard. Problem solved.