cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimm.2 and second GPU conflict

asmithey
Level 7
I am having an issue that when I install the Dimm.2 module on my Asus Rog Zenith II Alpha, My second GPU is stopped by windows. Installed in the Module is a new Gen 4 MP600 PCIE x4

Set up:
MOBO: Asus Rog Zenith II Alpha
CPU: 64 core Threadripper 3990x
Ram: 128 GB
GPU 1: RTX Titan PCIE Slot #1
GPU 2: RTX Titan PCIE Slot #3 Connected to GPU 1 with NVlink
HD'S: Gen 4 MP600 PCIE x4 1 MP 600: Installed on Motherboard (not Dimm.2 Module) Running Win 10 Workstation
Multiple other SSDs (not M.2s)

Can someone explain to me why I might be having this issue and how I might resolve it?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

machproo
Level 7
Hello, how are your PCIe configured in the Bios: In Auto or in Dimm2-1-1, Dimm2-1-2, U.2? Depending on the configuration, the presence of Dimm2 Disable the PCIe x 16 of PCIe # 3

Late2theGame
Level 7
asmithey wrote:
I am having an issue that when I install the Dimm.2 module on my Asus Rog Zenith II Alpha, My second GPU is stopped by windows. Installed in the Module is a new Gen 4 MP600 PCIE x4

Set up:
MOBO: Asus Rog Zenith II Alpha
CPU: 64 core Threadripper 3990x
Ram: 128 GB
GPU 1: RTX Titan PCIE Slot #1
GPU 2: RTX Titan PCIE Slot #3 Connected to GPU 1 with NVlink
HD'S: Gen 4 MP600 PCIE x4 1 MP 600: Installed on Motherboard (not Dimm.2 Module) Running Win 10 Workstation
Multiple other SSDs (not M.2s)

Can someone explain to me why I might be having this issue and how I might resolve it?

Thanks

I have the identical issue with slightly different hardware:
A new Samsung 980 Pro I like to add in the DIMM.2 card
2 RTX 2080 TI in slot #1 and #3 with NVLink

Was running stable for almost 2 years without the 980 Pro. Tried to add it various different ways but always end up with code 43 for second GPU. Taking the DIMM.2 card out, everything runs normal again.

Did anybody ever resolve this?

Thanks

Edit:
I "fixed" this with DDU and a clean NVidia driver install.
It tend to come back if I make changes in the BIOS but so far DDU always fixed it.