cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Problems with latest updates

Bekarasha
Level 7
Hello,

Since 2 weeks ago i start facing wifi problems on my G74sx, when i start up laptop everything loaded up, i click on wifi, 2x on my router name and then windows trying to connect, after 10 sec it give me message “was unable to connect” 1-fix problem 2-trouble shoot. When I do 1st it trying to fix but won’t help. Yesterday I got SSD for laptop, so I thought maybe I have virus, now I will install fresh copy with latest driver and internet security and problem will gone. I was happy until I done full installation, problem was still ther 😞

I have ipone 4s and ipad 3 connected to same wifi and no problem and only laptop do not want to join party 😞 now im using lan cable and my can love to play with it and bite it a lot.

Im using Avast IS 2012, my network card Atheros, Win7 SP1 x64 with latest updates from Microsoft and I checked Asus Live Update no new staff there.

Any idea why its happening?

Thanks
26 REPLIES 26

dstrakele
Level 14
What version Atheros WiFi driver are you running?

Does a Windows System Restore back to a time before you observed this issue resolve it?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Bekarasha
Level 7
before reinstaletion i did 1 time restore and next day same problem comes, but like i say, full reinstalletion on new ssd did not helped me 😞

Bekarasha wrote:
before reinstaletion i did 1 time restore and next day same problem comes, but like i say, full reinstalletion on new ssd did not helped me 😞

But what Atheros driver are you using? It makes a difference.

dstrakele
Level 14
What a) Authentication Level and b) Encryption have you configured for your wireless network in Windows on your laptop? Does it match that of your iPhone and iPad?

Bekarasha
Level 7
well i was using my wifi like 6 month since i got laptop, than in 2 moth i got iphone 4s and connect to same router and was using it till now with out any problems, only week ago i start facing tht error messages, so i did system restore and it helped me for few hours, next morning i got error msg 😞

so i got ssd and install everything and it happen...

a) no restriction
b) same wifi router with same password and no additional configurations

dstrakele
Level 14
I am using a) WPA2-Personal (Authntication Level) with b) AES (Encryption).

What are your settings?

Have you shut down and restarted your modem and wireless router?

Bekarasha
Level 7
i have same as u, WPA2-Personal and AES (Encryption) http://i.imgur.com/tcIXW.png
i did restart it, not helped, i connected my old wifi router + internet modem = same problem, may be its new wifi drivers?

dstrakele
Level 14
What signal strength is detected for your router by your ASUS laptop?

What version number Atheros driver are you running? If it is earlier than 9.2.1.432, you need to upgrade it. You can check the version in Device Manager by displaying the Properties of your Atheros Wireless Network Adapter.

Bekarasha
Level 7
i had 3/5 signal bar, but my router is 5m miter away from me.
my current ver. is 9.2.0.458 http://i.imgur.com/tb9SR.jpg when i press "Update Driver" it saw "u runing lates version"