Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array PILGRIM's Avatar

@Bekarasha : How about re-seating and/or cleaning your WiFi card? Have you ever done it?..
    It could have been loosened, misaligned, or have accumulated dust/particles .
    Maybe the reason why you get that on and off WiFi connectivity.
    ASUS G74SX-3DE

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by PILGRIM View Post
    @Bekarasha : How about re-seating and/or cleaning your WiFi card? Have you ever done it?..
    It could have been loosened, misaligned, or have accumulated dust/particles .
    Maybe the reason why you get that on and off WiFi connectivity.
    Good idea, but if there's a physical issue, I think it's more likely the antennae attachments. That's certainly worth checking. The card itself can't really be misaligned because of the way that particular connector is constructed, and once installed, it's not apt to get dirt in between the contacts.

But I believe there have been a couple owners who reported loose antenna attachments (and even one, if I'm not mistaken, who discovered that his new G74's antennae weren't attached at all!).

@PILGRIM I had HP laptop for 2 years and I was carrying it daily to college, 3 time orange juice was on keyboard, dropet ones to sand when I was in desert, and I had no problems with wifi.
    This g74sx always on my computer desk, clean aria around this laptop and its only 6 month in use. What kind of dust can be in it to make such problems…

@BrodyBoy I will open laptop tomorrow and will report all I can find in it

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar

If your Atheros WiFi card is failing, you should see events pointing to that problem in the System Event Log. See this post (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...ll=1#post82001) and the thread that contains it. It discusses how a failing WiFi card can result in other problems besides internet connectivity.
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Quote Originally Posted by Bekarasha View Post
    @PILGRIM I had HP laptop for 2 years and I was carrying it daily to college, 3 time orange juice was on keyboard, dropet ones to sand when I was in desert, and I had no problems with wifi.
    This g74sx always on my computer desk, clean aria around this laptop and its only 6 month in use. What kind of dust can be in it to make such problems…
    The point is to try covering all the bases.. You've had no luck with it being a software issue so it might be a physical one.

As to the "dust" comment, dust is always airborne. And unless the G74 stays constant in an air-sanitized area,
    there's always the probability of dust getting sucked in the machine.
    ASUS G74SX-3DE

i did open back cover, and checked wifi, everything is connected and no dust on/in

Quote Originally Posted by Bekarasha View Post
    i did open back cover, and checked wifi, everything is connected and no dust on/in
    Okay.. but have you tried re-seating it (remove then reconnect)?

I've learned an odd way of cleaning WiFi card or RAM pin areas from Chinese technicians.
    They use their thumb and point finger (make sure fingers are wiped dry) to clean them.
    Thumb is on one edge of the pin area, point finger is directly under it, then slide both fingers
    simultaneously to wipe.

Then they use (normally) a horse-hair brush to clean the inside of the pin connector.
    ASUS G74SX-3DE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3