New ROGer Array

Give me your opinion on Gl703vm Asus technical support. I am kinda desperate btw

Hello guys. My notebook for some reason is not even starting. My fans don't even spin a bit. This happened after I had to open its cover to change the ram it had before. Honestly, I changed the thermal paste of my computer 2 times before, and I have no ideia why it is like that. Anyway... I am making this post because I feel like I have given up and accepted that this is going to destroy my pocket after I spent the last year trying to pay my debts (**** college debts). My question is: how does the Asus technical support usually works? Are they able to replace the cpu and/or gpu if that is the problem? And how expensive are they? Is it worth more to buy a new computer? I know my rams are working fine (I tested them on a friend's computer) so I know it is not them. My HDD seems like it is gone, but the computer would still not turn on... So I am fearing that the problem is either the cpu or gpu or both.

In case the information may be relevant, my computer is a Gl703vm.

Thanks for your attention.

Ps: if I am on the wrong section of the forum, I am sorry. Please tell me which section it is right and I will delete this post and create a new one.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Super Gnome PC Specs
    Super Gnome PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega / ROG Crosshair VIII Formula
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-9980XE / AMD 3950x
    Memory (part number)Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 2666MHz 128 GB / Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4-3200 32GB DDR4 3200MH
    Graphics Card #1Asus 2080 Turbo / Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    Graphics Card #2Asus 2080 Turbo / Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    MonitorJAPANNEXT JN-VT500UHD 4K 50-inch LCD
    Storage #1Crucial MX500 1 TB / Sabient SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-500
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / ADATA XPG SX5500 Pro 3D NAND NVMe Gen3x4 PCIe M.2
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360 / ROG Ryujin 360
    CaseThermaltake View 71 TG / Thermaltake View 31
    Power SupplyCORSAIR AXi Series, AX1600i 1600 watt / Thermaltake Toughpower iRGB 1200 watt
    Accessory #1 Noctua 140mm 3000 RPM x 4 / Noctua 140 mm 3000 RPM x 2
    Accessory #2 Gigabyte GC-A 2WAY NVLINK RGB (3-slot) / ROG NVLINK Bridge 3-Slot A

You say you changed the ram and then after you did that your gizmo would not start? Sounds like the ram was not the right ram. Are you sure it is compatible? Ram make be working fine and 100% working fine, but if it is not compatible that can cause such a problem.

Here is a thread from Tom's Hardware that discusses the same issue.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thre...n-now.2274040/

As for Asus service, I have no idea, but fear the day should I ever need it.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Super Gnome View Post
    You say you changed the ram and then after you did that your gizmo would not start? Sounds like the ram was not the right ram. Are you sure it is compatible? Ram make be working fine and 100% working fine, but if it is not compatible that can cause such a problem.

Here is a thread from Tom's Hardware that discusses the same issue.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thre...n-now.2274040/

As for Asus service, I have no idea, but fear the day should I ever need it.
    I am sure the Ram is fine. I honestly don't know how I short circuit this thing (I think that is what I did). When all I did was remove the hdd and ram and put the new ram and reinstall the hdd. Idk if I forgot to remove the battery when I removed the ram and installed the new one, but would that even be reason for my computer not being able to turn on?

You should fear the day. Honestly, my ****ing luck has ran out the moment I was born. How did this happen on exams period, on a Friday and in a city where there is no Asus tech support available until Monday...

I saw some motherboards available for purchase on aliexpress, but I fear they do not carry the i7 and gtx 1060 they claim. Do you have any experience with buying replacement parts from China?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Super Gnome PC Specs
    Super Gnome PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega / ROG Crosshair VIII Formula
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-9980XE / AMD 3950x
    Memory (part number)Corsair LPX Vengeance DDR4 2666MHz 128 GB / Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4-3200 32GB DDR4 3200MH
    Graphics Card #1Asus 2080 Turbo / Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    Graphics Card #2Asus 2080 Turbo / Asus 2080 ti Turbo
    MonitorJAPANNEXT JN-VT500UHD 4K 50-inch LCD
    Storage #1Crucial MX500 1 TB / Sabient SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-500
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / ADATA XPG SX5500 Pro 3D NAND NVMe Gen3x4 PCIe M.2
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360 / ROG Ryujin 360
    CaseThermaltake View 71 TG / Thermaltake View 31
    Power SupplyCORSAIR AXi Series, AX1600i 1600 watt / Thermaltake Toughpower iRGB 1200 watt
    Accessory #1 Noctua 140mm 3000 RPM x 4 / Noctua 140 mm 3000 RPM x 2
    Accessory #2 Gigabyte GC-A 2WAY NVLINK RGB (3-slot) / ROG NVLINK Bridge 3-Slot A

I don't know if this helps much but I have had similar problems with laptops and thought the worst only to discover myself later it was something minor. Also, exams always made me a madman which made me on edge. Hence, maybe a good night's rest and you will feel better and think clearer.

As for parts from Aliexpress and China--I once ordered a replacement laptop screen for a cracked one from China. I got it using Ebay. In all honesty once I got it installed it did not work despite all of the info saying it would. In the end I got my money back but it was a nuisance, and the Chinese supplier would not cooperate at first so I had to get Ebay to intervene. But the model number they sent was not what they had advertised so Ebay was on my side. In the end though it was a real hassle.
    Last edited by Super Gnome; 07-03-2021 at 03:55 AM.