ROG Member Array

Thumbs up Maximus XIII Hero 'The worst MB I have had!'

All of my previous Asus MBs have been stable and reliable, no problems. But since upgrading to 11th gen CPU and this XIII MB I have had constant problems and still getting them. This is not a cheap MB, and I certainly never expected all this instability issues. I had to return the system to my PC supplier as the PC kept shutting down and reporting Kernal Power problems! There are USB issues with this MB and its drivers, as some devices are not recognised. No such problems with previous Asus Maximus VIII MB and this was always reliable and stable. And now the MB will not update to the latest BIOS 0902. Correct naming M13H.Cap but EZ Flash says 'Selected file is not a UEFI BIOS'? I hate this MB, and I feel like ripping it out my system and crushing this XIII MB to pieces! Then return to my faithful VIII MB system, and then look for another 11th gen MB.

ROG Member Array blukas69 PC Specs
    blukas69 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Hero XIII (0402)
    Processor10900K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4-3600 CL14~F4-3600C1
    Graphics Card #1GIGABYTE AORUS RTX 3080 Ti MASTER 12GB
    Sound CardMOBO
    Storage #1Firecuda 520 SSD ZP000GM30002
    Storage #2INLAND 2T
    CPU CoolerDH-15 BLACK CROMAX
    CaseASUS GT501
    Power SupplySEA SONIC 1000 PRIME TX
    OS WIN 10 PRO

Sorry to hear it's the most stable strongest board I've owned. Just a lot of settings to get to know, if not useing defaults and try overclocking. can get complicated.

ROG Member Array

I have now managed to update to the latest BIOS 0902, and since then the XIII is more stable. However, there is a problem with the XIII 'Not recognising my Oculus Quest 2 via the USB Cable Link. This worked fine on my previous Maximus VIII Hero system. 2-3 weeks this MB was with my PC Supplier being tested. I went back to my trusty Maximus VIII Hero and Intel i7-6700K CPU for a few weeks and it was taking everything I threw at it from graphics intensive games and sims with no problems or shuts downs, and it worked fine with the RTX 3090. Should have stayed with that, and not bothered upgrading the MB and CPU.

New ROGer Array

Unhappy

I was able to solve those " Kernal Power" problems by disabling PCI Express power management in BIOS.

Disabling it in Windows reduced the number of errors but doing the same in BIOS resolved the issue completely and things have been stable for several weeks.

Did you manage to solve USB-related issues, though?

Sometimes, when I power my PC off and power it back on after some time, my keyboard and mouse (ROG Strix Scope RX and ROG Chakram Core) do not work (they light up during POST but then go out as soon as Windows starts loading and never light back up) and I have to reboot to make them work again.

With the keyboard and mouse, this happens only when I power the PC off and power it back on, rebooting always fixes them after the first reboot and further reboots do not break them.

However, I do have another issue with my USB microphone - Razer Seiren X: in like 75% of cases, Windows does not detect it properly and says "Driver error" in the device manager after boot/reboot and I have to unplug it and plug it back to make it work, sometimes multiple times in a row (extremely annoying!).

The same keyboard, the same mouse and the same microphone worked with my old motherboard (PRIME H370-PLUS) normally and I did not observe these issues.

This is my first ROG motherboard and I really did not expect so many issues as PRIME H370-PLUS had been working stable for 3 years since day 1...
    Last edited by Bogovix; 07-24-2021 at 07:38 PM.