cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VII Hero board compatibility with Windows 11.

vmartinez007
Level 7
Hello good afternoon, I have a MAXIMUS VII HERO board, I bought it in 2014, with the Z97 chipset, can you tell me if it will be compatible with windows 11, since according to they say they must incorporate: TPM, Secure Boot, Boot Method, and not I know if my board has these components, I have seen a list in Asus that I send them too and I don't know if my board is in one of those series, I send you the characteristics of my board. Thanks.

Greetings.
3 REPLIES 3

Gus_Ghanem
Level 7
Your chipset does not support firmware TPM (Intel PTT), but your board has "TPM connector (20-1 pin TPM)" so you might be able to buy a Trusted Platform Module. The biggest problem here is the CPU, Windows 11 might not even install on a 4th/5th Generation CPU. Right now no one knows for sure what hardware will not allow Windows 11 to be installed. Can you run Windows 10?

Gus.Ghanem wrote:
Your chipset does not support firmware TPM (Intel PTT), but your board has "TPM connector (20-1 pin TPM)" so you might be able to buy a Trusted Platform Module. The biggest problem here is the CPU, Windows 11 might not even install on a 4th/5th Generation CPU. Right now no one knows for sure what hardware will not allow Windows 11 to be installed. Can you run Windows 10?

If I run windows 10 normally, well we wait to see how the issue progresses, maybe buying a TPM chip, it will be solved, I will check it with a little program that I download from Reddit, with which I analyze my second computer, from 2009, And this one if I think it will not pass the test. I enclose the snippet of the analysis of the program. Thanks.
Greetings.

Saltgrass
Level 13
There is a lot of smoke being blown around regarding the FINAL restrictions placed on folks running the Public. For Instance, the 7th Gen Intel processors will be excluded or so it seems.

You might go the the site below or just look around for Win 11 requirements. You can look through the stickies and you should find some info, but it is not set in stone so it could change.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp?sort=LastReplyDate&dir=Desc&tab=All&...
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200